PDA

View Full Version : The UK iPhone Queue Line Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

RossoA
Sep 23, 2007, 04:40 AM
Here's where everyone can post where they are going to get their iPhone come November 9th, and what time. This will also give me a chance to see what sort of time I should be there.

Right now I'm going to Regent Street Store in London, arr. @ 6am.

iliketomac
Sep 23, 2007, 04:53 AM
Here's where everyone can post where they are going to get their iPhone come November 9th, and what time. This will also give me a chance to see what sort of time I should be there.

:confused: Do you mean you're going there @ 6am on Nov. 9, or right now - as in right now in September?? If so, then WOW!

RossoA
Sep 23, 2007, 05:32 AM
:confused: Do you mean you're going there @ 6am on Nov. 9, or right now - as in right now in September?? If so, then WOW!

Ahahaha I meant on Nov. 9! I wish people would reply to this though, I wanna know if that's gonna be early enough to get a decent place in line.

strurtle
Sep 23, 2007, 07:55 AM
Waiting in line at 6am might be a long time. Remember, when the iphone was released here in the U.S., it was released at 6pm.

RossoA
Sep 23, 2007, 07:57 AM
Waiting in line at 6am might be a long time. Remember, when the iphone was released here in the U.S., it was released at 6pm.

I know, but it is the flagship store for the UK - you don't think they'll be people there at that time?

arkitect
Sep 23, 2007, 08:06 AM
I know, but it is the flagship store for the UK - you don't think they'll be people there at that time?

Depends how much Apple hypes it up before the day…

Right now I cannot imagine it will generate the same hysteria as the US launch. But then again… :p who knows what Apple is planning.

Thus far the UK media has been pretty unenthusiastic about the iPhone.
Hummm, and what if the launch coincides with a rise in interest rates… property market slowdown… etc etc… even a snap election could change things. ;)

But that's just me being a spoilsport… :D

strurtle
Sep 23, 2007, 08:10 AM

Walk into the store after the rush. Since it's the flagship store, they should be well stocked.

To answer your question, yes, there will probably be people there.

joshysquashy
Sep 23, 2007, 08:36 AM
I will probably go to the O2 Store in Brighton at about 8:00am, or do you think I am pushing my luck?

There is also a Carphone Warehouse in Brighton, but it is smaller, and is probably less likely to have stock, what do you guys recon?

I could make the trip to London, but I can't be bothered.

The other option is to buy from the Apple online Store for Edu, but as no iPods are discounted anymore, I doubt the iPhone will be.

Benjamindaines
Sep 23, 2007, 11:49 AM
Keep in mind that very few of the stores in the US actually ran out of stock, so even if you're last in line you'll probably get one.

RossoA
Sep 23, 2007, 11:56 AM
Keep in mind that very few of the stores in the US actually ran out of stock, so even if you're last in line you'll probably get one.

That's not the point, I just want to experience the energy and hype of the queue - it's like what makes buying Harry Potter cool - the bragging rights of being one of the first people in there to buy the iPhone, but I don't wanna be like round the corner from the store.

Hopefully I'm not the first, but not like the 50th :)

Does anyone know if there is a webcam on Regent Street with the Apple Store in view?

joshysquashy
Sep 23, 2007, 12:06 PM

good point, 8:00 it is then!

ibanana
Oct 3, 2007, 01:18 PM

can you pls rename or edit the title of yr thread to add "UK" in it to avoid the confusion ?

i reckon i'll go at 12am to pick an iphone up at the o2 store in the city, i don't believe there will be big lines at carphone warehouse or o2 stores but i might be wrong

joshysquashy
Oct 3, 2007, 01:25 PM
Just went to an O2 store and they say that all O2 stores in the country are opening at 6am on Nov 9th! Don't you think that's crazy!

I even specifically asked if you could buy iPhones at that time and they said yes!

ibanana
Oct 3, 2007, 01:51 PM
Just went to an O2 store and they say that all O2 stores in the country are opening at 6am on Nov 19th! Don't you think that's crazy!

I even specifically asked if you could buy iPhones at that time and they said yes!

good, i will cancel my day off then !

xSOTYx
Oct 5, 2007, 07:15 AM
Did you mean the 9th? Not 19th? If they're opening the O2 stores at 6am then Ill get there for around 5am lol. If they're going to be opening at 9am then ill get there for around 7 or so and make sure I have a very hot coffee and packet of cigarettes to pass time!

Depending on opening time ill be picking one up from O2, Western Computers (reseller) or Carphone Warehouse (last choice).

joshysquashy
Oct 5, 2007, 07:27 AM
Did you mean the 9th? Not 19th? If they're opening the O2 stores at 6am then Ill get there for around 5am lol. If they're going to be opening at 9am then ill get there for around 7 or so and make sure I have a very hot coffee and packet of cigarettes to pass time!

Depending on opening time ill be picking one up from O2, Western Computers (reseller) or Carphone Warehouse (last choice).

whoops, only just spotted that, yea, thats what I ment!

I changed it to avoid confusion!

Do you think resellers will have any iPhones? I recon it will be Apple, O2 and Carphone Warehouse only.

paulobrad
Oct 6, 2007, 09:35 AM
So is the general consensus that it will go on sale early AM on the 9th Nov and not 6pm like in the US? 6pm has got to be better from a queuing point of view - turn up early morning and still be in a decent spot rather than needing an overnight camp?

rdowns
Oct 6, 2007, 10:01 AM
I walked into my local Apple Store on Saturday 6/30 morning, played with the display model for 20 minutes and decided to buy one. Have fun queuing. :p

RossoA
Oct 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
So is the general consensus that it will go on sale early AM on the 9th Nov and not 6pm like in the US? 6pm has got to be better from a queuing point of view - turn up early morning and still be in a decent spot rather than needing an overnight camp?

That would be best, but as ever, only Apple knows when it's releasing them...

Here's to the wait! 32 days to go!

daneoni
Oct 7, 2007, 02:10 AM
I think it'll be a 6pm launch since its a friday launch, meaning after work people can go to the store and qeue up and it'll be ok because there isn't work the next day...for the most part.

So kinda like get off work, pick up an iPhone on your way home and enjoy. Also i know the Regent Street store will be packed. Its the most popular store in london as some don't even know a brent cross store exists but its also a flagship store hence it'll get priority stock and have a lower chance of running out of stock. Same with the O2 store next to boots and the carphonewarehouse next to John Lewis (all big stores)

3 stores to choose from but most will be sticking with the Regent Street store as some want an iPhone without having to do any credit checks on the spot in a crowded store on a winter evening/night

CD3660
Oct 7, 2007, 05:51 AM
.....without having to do any credit checks on the spot in a crowded store on a winter evening/night

Didn't I read somewhere that there will not be any credit checks until you go online to activate?

Project
Oct 7, 2007, 08:20 AM
I'll be at the Manchester store from the minute they are available. I do not think there will be huge queues, but there will be some.

CD3660
Oct 7, 2007, 08:35 AM
I'm considering the Trafford Centre, Manchester, but it depends on whether it is going to be 9.00am or 6.00pm.

Does anyone have any news on this yet?

studentmac
Oct 7, 2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah I wish they would release some times sometime soon, its getting annoying not being able to plan properly yet.

Do you think every o2 store will be stocking up on iphones?

CD3660
Oct 7, 2007, 09:06 AM
Do you think every o2 store will be stocking up on iphones?

I would have thought that every Apple Store, o2 shop and Carphone Warehouse store should have stock.

There are approximately 1300 retail outlets in total, so I would be surprised if there is much queuing other than at the major Apple stores.

vendettabass
Oct 7, 2007, 09:24 AM
I'll be at the Manchester store from the minute they are available. I do not think there will be huge queues, but there will be some.

me also! whatever the time! I want my iPhone!

studentmac
Oct 7, 2007, 12:22 PM
I would have thought that every Apple Store, o2 shop and Carphone Warehouse store should have stock.

I hope so, im planning on going down to my local small o2 shop where I doubt there will be people waiting.

This wait is too long, thank god there's leopard in between to keep me occupied!

I might even go down to regent street to have a go on the interface on an ipod touch.

ibanana
Oct 7, 2007, 12:49 PM
I hope so, im planning on going down to my local small o2 shop where I doubt there will be people waiting.

This wait is too long, thank god there's leopard in between to keep me occupied!

I might even go down to regent street to have a go on the interface on an ipod touch.

i've been to the apple store at regent stret, the ipod touch is really cool but i prefer to wait few weeks more to have the iphone ! I've asked a member of staff what time they expect to sell the phone, they have no idea yet.

abrooks
Oct 7, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'm a little perplexed by this thread, don't get me wrong I'm the first guy that loves to queue for anything Apple but this seems ridiculous.

Just throwing some general facts together it seems stupid to queue for a product that will be easily available in over 1300 stores across the UK, they've also been making these things since like May so I can't imagine stock will be an issue.

Looking at it from my point of view, I can bargain with O2 and get a better price on the phone and most likely have it delivered to my doorstep on the 9th, none of this queuing malarky.

But good luck everyone!

paulobrad
Oct 7, 2007, 03:10 PM
I'm a little perplexed by this thread, don't get me wrong I'm the first guy that loves to queue for anything Apple but this seems ridiculous.

Call me a geek but I'll probably queue at the regent street store just cos it's a HUGE Apple Event and to be at the flagship UK store where I imagine there's going to be an awesome atmosphere will be pretty cool, even if it does mean a day of work and a sore bum!

RossoA
Oct 7, 2007, 03:22 PM
Call me a geek but I'll probably queue at the regent street store just cos it's a HUGE Apple Event and to be at the flagship UK store where I imagine there's going to be an awesome atmosphere will be pretty cool, even if it does mean a day of work and a sore bum!

..and what time will you be going down there?

(the idea of this thread!) :D

paulobrad
Oct 7, 2007, 03:31 PM
Still not sure, I live about a 2 hour train/tube journey away so for a 6pm launch it'll probably be whatever time I get out of bed - I'd like to be there by 7am I think. I'm still finding it really hard to judge what it's going to be like here in terms of hype compared to the US. I guess once the advertising campaign kicks in we'll see - it surprises me how outside the Mac community in this ccountry not that many people are really that excited about it yet.

"Er, the iPhone - yeah, that phone and iPod thing from Apple that's REALLY expensive", they've not really seen it demoed properly or know of all it's capabilities. Most people I tell I'm gonna get one think I'm mad - it's either a British thing or like I say, Joe public still don't know actually know much about it yet.

frogmella
Oct 7, 2007, 03:56 PM
http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/10/iphone-queue-already-forming-at-regent.html

paulobrad
Oct 7, 2007, 04:14 PM
http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/10/iphone-queue-already-forming-at-regent.html

That's definitely photo shopped!

jordygreen
Oct 7, 2007, 04:14 PM
Im going to be going to Meadowhall Apple Store in Sheffield, If i have enough money i will buy one, and then try and unlock it somehow :p

If not i will just play on them instore and be glad to be part of the experience!

CD3660
Oct 7, 2007, 04:19 PM

Love it! I'm on my way.....not!

sananda
Oct 7, 2007, 04:22 PM
That's definitely photo shopped!

they've been there since before the introduction of the aluminium imacs!

RossoA
Oct 7, 2007, 05:23 PM
they've been there since before the introduction of the aluminium imacs!

Now there's commitment. They deserve the first two! Nice try though, made me take a double take but it's not Regent's! :D

I still think I'm going for 6am, hopefully I won't be the first person there as I find it really embarrassing (although it would be cool), but at least in like the top 15.

Anyone know of a Regent's webcam? :P

studentmac
Oct 7, 2007, 05:56 PM
"Er, the iPhone - yeah, that phone and iPod thing from Apple that's REALLY expensive", they've not really seen it demoed properly or know of all it's capabilities. Most people I tell I'm gonna get one think I'm mad - it's either a British thing or like I say, Joe public still don't know actually know much about it yet.

I told some friends at uni the other day that I was going to get an iphone on release day..."Oh i've heard they're crap"....but they couldnt tell me why or where they heard it!

Cant wait till they see it on Nov 9!

RossoA
Oct 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
I told some friends at uni the other day that I was going to get an iphone on release day..."Oh i've heard they're crap"....but they couldnt tell me why or where they heard it!

Cant wait till they see it on Nov 9!

HAHA! Most of my former friends used to take the piss out of me for being such a fanboy and said the same thing about the iPhone, until I taped them to chairs and made them watch the 20 minute 'about iPhone' on apple.com :)

They soon saw the light :D

herodian
Oct 8, 2007, 12:01 PM
i have a number of options.

i have the day off work.

i have 2 02 stores within 15 min's of my flat, same for Carphone Warehouse, and both Regent St and Southampton stores are only about an hour away by train.

someone said about the atmosphere at Regent St, so I suspect that will win.

studentmac
Oct 8, 2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah im not quite decided yet either.

I have a small local o2 store close to my home, but can get to regent street in 30 mins. Im hoping the iphone goes on sale at 6.02 as rumored.

shrewsburywolf
Oct 8, 2007, 05:33 PM
Not too sure what I am going to do, I have 3 CPW stores all within a 20 min drive, 2 O2 stores both within a 20 min drive and a Apple store 40 mins away, choices, choices! :)

RossoA
Oct 8, 2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah im not quite decided yet either.

I have a small local o2 store close to my home, but can get to regent street in 30 mins. Im hoping the iphone goes on sale at 6.02 as rumored.

6.02pm?

joshysquashy
Oct 9, 2007, 02:49 AM
Not too sure what I am going to do, I have 3 CPW stores all within a 20 min drive, 2 O2 stores both within a 20 min drive and a Apple store 40 mins away, choices, choices! :)

Maybe choose a route where you pass as many of them as possible, so you can survey the situation, and choose your best option! :D

Of course, in an ideal world, a mac geek would have a webcam widget of each location, so he can monitor everything from his home, before setting off!

jonnyb
Oct 9, 2007, 07:05 AM
I'll be getting mine from the Regent Street store despite having O2 and Carphone Warehouse stores closer to home. Why? Well, for a rather depressing reason really: If I have to take it back for any reason (and I'm thinking negative black screen issues here) then I'll get an easier ride at the Apple store.

I had to take my iPod Touch back and they couldn't have been more sympathetic. It was a problem they knew about and were expecting returns because of it.

I wouldn't want to have to stand arguing with someone in O2 or Carphone Warehouse because they weren't familiar with Apple products (or the concept of good customer service)

As for when I'll be getting there. Well, I have the 9th Nov off work so once they've announced what time they're opening I'll be in the queue significantly beforehand!

joshysquashy
Oct 9, 2007, 07:55 AM
I'll be getting mine from the Regent Street store despite having O2 and Carphone Warehouse stores closer to home. Why? Well, for a rather depressing reason really: If I have to take it back for any reason (and I'm thinking negative black screen issues here) then I'll get an easier ride at the Apple store.

I had to take my iPod Touch back and they couldn't have been more sympathetic. It was a problem they knew about and were expecting returns because of it.

I wouldn't want to have to stand arguing with someone in O2 or Carphone Warehouse because they weren't familiar with Apple products (or the concept of good customer service)

As for when I'll be getting there. Well, I have the 9th Nov off work so once they've announced what time they're opening I'll be in the queue significantly beforehand!

Asaik you can contact the apple team on the web, no matter where you buy from, and they will send a box out to you so you can return it. they will dispatch a new iphone as soon as the driver picks up your old one, so it should arrive 2-3 days later.

so, no matter who you buy from, you should, and possibly have to deal with apple direct.

jonnyb
Oct 9, 2007, 08:02 AM
Asaik you can contact the apple team on the web, no matter where you buy from, and they will send a box out to you so you can return it. they will dispatch a new iphone as soon as the driver picks up your old one, so it should arrive 2-3 days later.

so, no matter who you buy from, you should, and possibly have to deal with apple direct.

I've waited too long for the iphone to have got one in my hands and then have to be without it for 2-3 days. I'd rather just take it back to the shop and get a new one there and then.

Like I said, they were very helpful with the ipod touch problem so they've set a precedent for good, no quibbles customer service.

Still, that might be good to know for someone not near an Apple store.

studentmac
Oct 9, 2007, 10:48 AM
6.02pm?

6.02 as in 6."o2"

Click here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4296365&postcount=7)

ibanana
Oct 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
not all the o2 stores are aware of the 602 opening as i've questionned one in liverpool street today, the guys are unaware of the release time.

flamejob
Oct 11, 2007, 02:32 AM
I got my name down for one at my local O2 shop (store is such an americanism) before the announcement that they were getting them. The staff were dumbfounded when I came in a few days after the announcement.

I may well put a bag over my head and mooch over to the Regent Street shop, I need a new T shirt ;)

studentmac
Oct 11, 2007, 03:54 AM
Well i've just got off the phone to my local o2 store, and they will be opening from 6 till 10 just like the American release. I also asked if I could reserve one out of curiosity, and understandably they said no (they probably don't even know how many they're getting).

At least now I can start planning for that day, think I will be getting there for about 5.

Lucas44
Oct 11, 2007, 06:38 AM
i'm still unsure of where to pick my iphone up from. i've pretty much got a free day and live pretty close to regent st. was thinking of maybe heading to the kingston apple store (if regent st is going to be manic) or even the o2 shop in chelsea.

metoo6000
Oct 11, 2007, 08:47 AM
For those who will camp in Glasgow city centre. One Apple store and five O2 shops. Not so bad. :D

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=106841228653776818059.00043c37337d0953700f0&ll=55.862007,-4.255421&spn=0.008694,0.019913&z=16

CD3660
Oct 11, 2007, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure that this will be of much interest to anyone, but Car Phone Warehouse are finally showing some evidence that they will be selling the iPhone by advertising it:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-Home

sweetice2007
Oct 11, 2007, 02:08 PM
i already have mine :-D no waiting for me :-D part from leopard!

CD3660
Oct 11, 2007, 02:23 PM
i already have mine
Is it living up to your expectations?

jordygreen
Oct 11, 2007, 03:06 PM
meh well not long for leopard anyways so :p

roblawton
Oct 12, 2007, 05:29 AM
Well I've just booked the 9th off work...

Was just gonna go to a local o2 store (or a CPW considering I work with them)

But I think I'm gonna head over to the apple store at Trafford Centre for the full iPhone launch experience! :D

RossoA
Oct 12, 2007, 05:44 AM
As ridiculous as that release is, it made me laugh.

The Regent Street Apple store team didn't know of a release time either...

EURGH! I wish Apple would release more info!

CD3660
Oct 12, 2007, 05:52 AM
I wish Apple would release more info!

I agree, it's only 4 weeks off now and we need to know more!

RossoA
Oct 12, 2007, 11:13 AM
I don't want Regent St to be manic until I'm bloody there!!

I have to get the 1st train in the morn and tube at like 5.40 - meaning I have an hour to walk with my deck chair and macbook getting lots of awkward looks until I join the clan at the Apple Store :D

Has anyone found a webcam of Regent's yet? :D

joshysquashy
Oct 12, 2007, 11:24 AM

I have to get the 1st train in the morn and tube at like 5.40 - meaning I have an hour to walk with my deck chair and macbook getting lots of awkward looks until I join the clan at the Apple Store :D

Has anyone found a webcam of Regent's yet? :D

Can anyone spot it in one of these? I think it might be in the first - Regent St/Conduit St (http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/webcams/547451.shtml) Oxford St/Regent St (http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/webcams/547452.shtml)

CD3660
Oct 12, 2007, 11:49 AM

If you're going to be there 12 hours early you might get awkward looks for a bit longer if you're the only one there for a while! I'd be surprised if you are not first in the queue.

RossoA
Oct 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
If you're going to be there 12 hours early you might get awkward looks for a bit longer if you're the only one there for a while! I'd be surprised if you are not first in the queue.

Seriously?

AWESOME :D

CD3660
Oct 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
Seriously?

AWESOME :D
I'm only guessing of course, but I really would be surprised if you are not no.1.

I know that there is feverish interest in the iPhone on these forums, but I just have a feeling that in the U.K. it will not be the manic event that it was in the States.

There again, you are going to Regent Street, which is likely to be the most popular venue for iPhone mania. We will all know for sure in 27 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes. (I'm not anal, honestly!).

RossoA
Oct 12, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm only guessing of course, but I really would be surprised if you are not no.1.

I know that there is feverish interest in the iPhone on these forums, but I just have a feeling that in the U.K. it will not be the manic event that it was in the States.

There again, you are going to Regent Street, which is likely to be the most popular venue for iPhone mania. We will all know for sure in 27 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes. (I'm not anal, honestly!).

As much as I appeciate the comments, now I really want to be first! I know I won't be, but I want to be more than ever now! :D

studentmac
Oct 13, 2007, 08:46 AM
I just got back from the Regent Street store to have a go on the iphone interface (ipod touch), and boy is it great...9th Nov is just too far away now!

Anyway, I asked the cashier what level of stock they are expecting, because if i cannot get one on friday (o2 store) I will be coming down on the saturday, and he said they will have enough to keep them rolling for a while :apple:

joshysquashy
Oct 13, 2007, 01:48 PM
I just got back from the Regent Street store to have a go on the iphone interface (ipod touch), and boy is it great...9th Nov is just too far away now!

Anyway, I asked the cashier what level of stock they are expecting, because if i cannot get one on friday (o2 store) I will be coming down on the saturday, and he said they will have enough to keep them rolling for a while :apple:

I went to the same place today, for the same reasons! was just walking past, and thought I would have a go, it is very impressive!

I have annoyed my boyfriend by constantly going on about the iPhone, so he naturally hates it, but even he was convinced after seeing one "in the flesh"! he's thinking of getting a touch so he doesn't have the expensive line rental, I'm thinking of *cough* another alternative!

studentmac
Oct 13, 2007, 02:04 PM
I went to the same place today, for the same reasons! was just walking past, and thought I would have a go, it is very impressive!

I have annoyed my boyfriend by constantly going on about the iPhone, so he naturally hates it, but even he was convinced after seeing one "in the flesh"! he's thinking of getting a touch so he doesn't have the expensive line rental, I'm thinking of *cough* another alternative!

Same, my girlfriend is probably getting annoyed with all my iphone talk!

I couldnt believe how responsive the interface was, its like nothing ive ever used before. Now im at uni im 30 mins from the regent street store....might have to do this trip more often!

CD3660
Oct 13, 2007, 03:11 PM
I just got back from the Regent Street store to have a go on the iphone interface (ipod touch), and boy is it great...

Did exactly the same at the Trafford Centre, Manchester this afternoon. Very impressive piece of kit!

daneoni
Oct 13, 2007, 04:46 PM
Its absolutely an amazing device even better than the touch and is definitely worth the wait/queue

Leemo
Oct 13, 2007, 07:38 PM

I know what you mean - although I guess I'm quite lucky that the fella likes gadgets as much as I do, so we're both looking forward to the 9th, although I'm the one who finishes work early that day (well, I say early, but I do start work at 6am - bloody morning news bulletins) - so I'll be the one waiting in line for 6pm to get us both one!

Hurrah!

I have a little countdown clock widget on my Mac's Dashboard. Sad I know.

-Leemo

CD3660
Oct 14, 2007, 12:36 AM
I have a little countdown clock widget on my Mac's Dashboard. Sad I know.

A lot of us are using this but it doesn't half make time run in slow motion! I'm trying not to look at mine too often.

Roseyboy
Oct 14, 2007, 02:58 AM
I will probably go to the O2 Store in Brighton at about 8:00am, or do you think I am pushing my luck?

There is also a Carphone Warehouse in Brighton, but it is smaller, and is probably less likely to have stock, what do you guys recon?

I could make the trip to London, but I can't be bothered.

The other option is to buy from the Apple online Store for Edu, but as no iPods are discounted anymore, I doubt the iPhone will be.

Me too Joshy, take note that the Western Road O2 store should be closed for refurbishment then and there apparently not sending there iphone stock to the churchill squares store. wish i knew if it was 6pm or 9am.

joshysquashy
Oct 14, 2007, 03:31 AM
Me too Joshy, take note that the Western Road O2 store should be closed for refurbishment then and there apparently not sending there iphone stock to the churchill squares store. wish i knew if it was 6pm or 9am.

Yea, I don't think anyone knows for sure. I will wait till a few days before launch and ask again, they must know by then!

pdmpolishing
Oct 14, 2007, 03:44 AM
I called my local O2 store and was told the iPhone will go on sale at 18:00, with the store closing at 22:00.

ascender
Oct 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
Looks like I'm flying out to NY on the 9th, so I'll be hoping to find a Carphone Warehouse in Heathrow....

iDanielbk
Oct 14, 2007, 10:18 AM
Ill be going to the 02 Store in the Metro Centre at gateshead at around 6am.

Im worried about these security check things. I thought you could just go right in and buy one. Im a 16 yr old kid and am desperate for this device. I have played on one and WOW! They are A-Mazing

I cant go in with my parents because they will be on holiday at the time. Can i still get one? I mean once i get it home i can activate it because i you do it through iTunes and ill speak to my mam on the phone.

EDIT: Just called 02 at gateshead. They said that they open as normal at 10. Told me to expect queues and they are not doing credit checks in store.... WOO!

Hustle
Oct 14, 2007, 10:29 AM
Ill be going to the 02 Store in the Metro Centre at gateshead at around 6am.

Im worried about these security check things. I thought you could just go right in and buy one. Im a 16 yr old kid and am desperate for this device. I have played on one and WOW! They are A-Mazing

I cant go in with my parents because they will be on holiday at the time. Can i still get one? I mean once i get it home i can activate it because i you do it through iTunes and ill speak to my mam on the phone.

EDIT: Just called 02 at gateshead. They said that they open as normal at 10. Told me to expect queues and they are not doing credit checks in store.... WOO!

They open at 9am, but don't start selling iPhones until 6PM.

I'm going to 02 store in Uxbridge for mine.

iDanielbk
Oct 14, 2007, 10:50 AM
They open at 9am, but don't start selling iPhones until 6PM.

I'm going to 02 store in Uxbridge for mine.

Ye but my 02 is in a shopping centre and the centre doesnt open till 10 So i think thats why!

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
Hey guys,

Just trying to understand the length of time people are willing to wait, taking part in this survey stands to help us all.

I am curious about the apple store in Glasgow:

- What time are people planning on getting there and on what day (thurs/fri)?

If there were no reports of it being sold out in the US then have we nothing to worry about here? (This may be due to the lengthy and expensive contract and the fact that you have to be over18?)

cwedl
Oct 14, 2007, 10:57 AM
I live about 2 minutes walk away from a Car Phone Warehouse, But only 50 minutes from Regent Street, I could go for atmosphere as I have the day off work?

ascender
Oct 14, 2007, 10:58 AM
What's the deal with the credit checks? Just wondering why they keep getting brought up. If this is a standard, pay monthly mobile phone contract then is a credit check not just part of the standard application procedure?

iDanielbk
Oct 14, 2007, 11:16 AM
only reason i was worried is because im only 16. but the guy at 02 told me that the credit checks happen when you activate

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 11:20 AM
C'mon Glasgow talk to me! :):):)

CD3660
Oct 14, 2007, 12:26 PM
C'mon Glasgow talk to me! :):):)

My friends and I, who all live in the Paisley area, have decided to make an event of it. We will be arriving at the Glasgow store in several 52 seat coaches at 9.00am on Thursday 8th of November to make sure that there will be enough iPhones for all 316 of us. :D

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 01:10 PM
My friends and I, who all live in the Paisley area, have decided to make an event of it. We will be arriving at the Glasgow store in several 52 seat coaches at 9.00am on Thursday 8th of November to make sure that there will be enough iPhones for all 316 of us. :D

very funny

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 01:13 PM
only reason i was worried is because im only 16. but the guy at 02 told me that the credit checks happen when you activate

Credit check does happen when you activate, so you will need to put the contract in an 18 yr old (or above obviously) persons name.

You cannot put a pay as you go or an other sim in the iphone or use the supplied sim in any other phone.

...Hope that made sense!

RossoA
Oct 14, 2007, 02:04 PM

6.02pm apparently...

P.S. Why has this thread moved?

ibanana
Oct 14, 2007, 02:38 PM
6.02pm apparently...

i think they moved all the thread related to lines/queues, but it doesn't matter doest it ?

joshysquashy
Oct 14, 2007, 02:50 PM
6.02pm apparently...

Not the 6 O2, 6:02 mixup again!!!

The op ment "6:00 at O2" not "6:02", why would they make it 2 minutes past 6?!!!

retrospek
Oct 14, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure what to do currently - as I already have an unlocked iPhone and I'm trying to justify if I want to get another one from O2 and then sell my current one on EBay...

Anyway - quick question... If I go to O2 and get an iPhone and activate it through iTunes can I then take out the original O2 sim card and use my work O2 sim card in the phone instead and just use the iPhone O2 sim card at weekends ?

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure what to do currently - as I already have an unlocked iPhone and I'm trying to justify if I want to get another one from O2 and then sell my current one on EBay...

Anyway - quick question... If I go to O2 and get an iPhone and activate it through iTunes can I then take out the original O2 sim card and use my work O2 sim card in the phone instead and just use the iPhone O2 sim card at weekends ?

No,

Only the data on that particular sim will be recognized. Due to Encryption.

Otherwise, you could buy the iphone and not sign up to a contract and just use your current pay as u go sim. Apple wouldnt like that. Less revenue.

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 03:05 PM
What time and on what day are people planning on going to the apple store to Q up?

retrospek
Oct 14, 2007, 03:07 PM
No,

Only the data on that particular sim will be recognized. Due to Encryption.

Otherwise, you could buy the iphone and not sign up to a contract and just use your current pay as u go sim. Apple wouldnt like that. Less revenue.

Oh well -- Maybe I need two iPhones then.. One for personal use on the O2 contract, and another for my work O2 sim card which I assume would need to be unlocked (as my current iPhone is)

Thanks

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 03:30 PM
Oh well -- Maybe I need two iPhones then.. One for personal use on the O2 contract, and another for my work O2 sim card which I assume would need to be unlocked (as my current iPhone is)

Thanks

Just curious, Why do you need a second one if you already have one working with your work sim?

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 14, 2007, 03:37 PM
Its a shame that the iphone doesn't do MMS and you cant record vids with the camera.....

CD3660
Oct 14, 2007, 03:38 PM
Its a shame that the iphone doesn't do MMS and you cant record vids with the camera.....
...or forward text messages to multiple addresses.

iDanielbk
Oct 14, 2007, 04:40 PM
Credit check does happen when you activate, so you will need to put the contract in an 18 yr old (or above obviously) persons name.

You cannot put a pay as you go or an other sim in the iphone or use the supplied sim in any other phone.

...Hope that made sense!

Ye i knew that. but both my mam or dad cant come with me to get it.

joshysquashy
Oct 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
Ye i knew that. but both my mam or dad cant come with me to get it.

You activate at home (using itunes), and it is at this point that you put in the details - of an over 18. So no one needs to come with you to the shop.

Hope that helps.

spinstorm
Oct 14, 2007, 09:26 PM
By the way there MAY well be an Apple store in Brighton by November 9th...

Apple were advertising for jobs for a Brighton store back in June on their site - now the jobs have vanished because I am guessing they have staff now!

Also if you notice there is a shop which is being redone as we speak in churchill square (where that shoe shop used ot be) it is certainly big enough for an Apple store.

So we will see if it becomes one by November 9th... I am 99% certain myself!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/janed/457876592/

The one is Solihull opened last week if I am not mistaken.

joshysquashy
Oct 15, 2007, 02:58 AM

Apple were advertising for jobs for a Brighton store back in June on their site - now the jobs have vanished because I am guessing they have staff now!

Also if you notice there is a shop which is being redone as we speak in churchill square (where that shoe shop used ot be) it is certainly big enough for an Apple store.

Great news!!! Now I can have the full Apple experience!

RossoA
Oct 15, 2007, 03:27 AM

The op ment "6:00 at O2" not "6:02", why would they make it 2 minutes past 6?!!!

For ***** and giggles...I can't find the other thread but other people were saying that O2 stores were selling them from 6.02!

TheChillPill
Oct 15, 2007, 03:30 AM

No, this is correct - it's obviously a marketing tactic that someone at o2 thought would be really clever :rolleyes:

Confirmation of that time was sent through the o2 internal system.

RossoA
Oct 15, 2007, 03:30 AM
What time and on what day are people planning on going to the apple store to Q up?

I'm getting to Regent Street store for 6am.

studentmac
Oct 15, 2007, 05:07 AM
Im going to an o2 store at about 4ish. Dont think there will be many people there tbh, its not a big store. I hope not anyway!

Im hoping to get my iphone and get home quickly so i can activate it before o2 becomes swarmed with thousands of activations.

Roseyboy
Oct 15, 2007, 05:59 AM

Awww yes i remember this now, that would be sweet, i like one of are two mac dealers in Brighton, but there is nothing quite like a apple store. wish i was still young would be a great weekend job. :)

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 15, 2007, 09:30 AM
I'm getting to Regent Street store for 6am.

On friday?

RossoA
Oct 15, 2007, 11:11 AM
On friday?

On the 9th, yeah.

Hopefully will be early enough. :)

Damn I want it so bad now, I kepp checking the countdown on my dahboard and it feels like I've been waiting years!

Come ON! :D

redgaz26
Oct 15, 2007, 11:54 AM
the clock is ticking!!!! I'm going to the Apple store in Glasgow around 3pm.
played with my mates touch yesterday and it's just added to the excitement.
not sure if it will be busy but 3 should be time enough!!!!!!!!!!!

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 15, 2007, 01:02 PM
the clock is ticking!!!! I'm going to the Apple store in Glasgow around 3pm.
played with my mates touch yesterday and it's just added to the excitement.
not sure if it will be busy but 3 should be time enough!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know, Im not sure it will be that busy. I mean, alot of people will be put off by the lengthy expensive contract.

There will be people who are waiting for their current contract to finish....Not everyone can afford to keep two contracts going at the same time.

I am sure the iphone will be popular but over time? Rather than immediately like the ipod touch which is sold out everywhere?

Its also not a xmas type of gift?.....because the receiver will have to pay hundreds over the 18months,its not really a gift you can surprise someone with. its like "SURPRISE! you have to come up with at least 35quid a month!"

Also alot of people will want the touch screen ipod aspect which they can get without the commitments with the ipod touch.

All this considered I think there will be plenty to go around, what do you guys think?

netdog
Oct 15, 2007, 01:06 PM
There is no reason to get on line. Just go in the evening, walk in, and buy an iPhone. There will be plenty.

redgaz26
Oct 15, 2007, 01:18 PM
i'm sure there will be plenty to go round and i don't really care if they don't sell alot. as long as i get mine. I want to be home so as to get it up and running!!!
when the adverts start hitting the TV the build up will begin.
us mac lovers will be there but it's the non mac people they have to convince!!
roll on the 9th

joshysquashy
Oct 15, 2007, 01:21 PM
I dont know, Im not sure it will be that busy. I mean, alot of people will be put off by the lengthy expensive contract.

There will be people who are waiting for their current contract to finish....Not everyone can afford to keep two contracts going at the same time.

I am sure the iphone will be popular but over time? Rather than immediately like the ipod touch which is sold out everywhere?

Its also not a xmas type of gift?.....because the receiver will have to pay hundreds over the 18months,its not really a gift you can surprise someone with. its like "SURPRISE! you have to come up with at least 35quid a month!"

Also alot of people will want the touch screen ipod aspect which they can get without the commitments with the ipod touch.

All this considered I think there will be plenty to go around, what do you guys think?

Mobile phones are actually a very common xmas present - mum's and dad's get their childeren mobiles, and lots will pay for the contract.

so many spoilt kids out there! i had to buy my phone when i was little, and chose pay as you go because it was all I could afford.

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 15, 2007, 02:53 PM
Mobile phones are actually a very common xmas present - mum's and dad's get their childeren mobiles, and lots will pay for the contract.

so many spoilt kids out there! i had to buy my phone when i was little, and chose pay as you go because it was all I could afford.

alright for some!

OK, so why would anyone wait for hours in the cold if you can just buy it online?

The ipod touch is out of stock in every apple store in the UK (So I am told by apple online staff) but the online store will have it at your door in 7-10 days guaranteed straight from the factory?!

So, these apple products can never ACTUALLY be "out of stock", like the Wii is?

joshysquashy
Oct 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
alright for some!

OK, so why would anyone wait for hours in the cold if you can just buy it online?

The ipod touch is out of stock in every apple store in the UK (So I am told by apple online staff) but the online store will have it at your door in 7-10 days guaranteed straight from the factory?!

So, these apple products can never ACTUALLY be "out of stock", like the Wii is?

True, but many people would like it the day it is launched, and enjoy queuing up as it is an exciting event! I would rather not queue but would be great to be one of the first to get one, and pick it up from the store in shiny packaging!!! I know we are all sad, but we have waited long enough! :p

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 15, 2007, 03:09 PM
True, but many people would like it the day it is launched, and enjoy queuing up as it is an exciting event! I would rather not queue but would be great to be one of the first to get one, and pick it up from the store in shiny packaging!!! I know we are all sad, but we have waited long enough! :p

Dont get me wrong I DO NOT think it is sad but I am confused and wanted someone to put me straight. So according to what I said above we are ALL guaranteed to get an iphone within a couple of weeks of launch? Yeh?

If so, that is superb service! For apple to not limit stock to increase demand (if that was possible!) like the Wii

joshysquashy
Oct 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
Dont get me wrong I DO NOT think it is sad but I am confused and wanted someone to put me straight. So according to what I said above we are ALL guaranteed to get an iphone within a couple of weeks of launch? Yeh?

If so, that is superb service! For apple to not limit stock to increase demand (if that was possible!) like the Wii

Nobody here knows for sure, not even Apple know, but stock should be ok.

I would try to buy on the first day, as I reckon stock will be low by the end of the week. We are all speculating however.

iDanielbk
Oct 15, 2007, 04:11 PM
I went into my local 02 store today and started asking 20 q about the iPhone. The guy said that they shut at around 2 and open again at 6. He took my number and put it in a diary and said he would call me to tell me the situation of how to guarantee myself one.

:D:D:D

joshysquashy
Oct 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
I went into my local 02 store today and started asking 20 q about the iPhone. The guy said that they shut at around 2 and open again at 6. He took my number and put it in a diary and said he would call me to tell me the situation of how to guarantee myself one.

:D:D:D

great! well you are obliged to let us know, as a member of macrumors! well you don't have to, but you would make many people happy! ;)

sivraj494
Oct 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
I will be in Brighton on laucnh night. Will be going to the O2 store on Western Road and the one in Churchill Square, along with Carphone Warehouse in Churchill Square.

Doing press photography work, so will be rushing around.

ascender
Oct 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
Sorry, stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

What date & time are they actually going on sale in shops?

cwedl
Oct 15, 2007, 04:40 PM

LOL! Friday 9th November supposidly at 6.02pm ( .02 for O2) but the time hasn't been confirmed by O2 or Apple as of yet.

RossoA
Oct 15, 2007, 07:28 PM

Read the god damn thread. :rolleyes:

Oh-es-Ten
Oct 16, 2007, 03:01 AM
I am going to go down to Regent Street at 5pm, which sounds really dumb, but I gotta work that day (office in Soho, so it's not too bad), and should be able to judge the numbers of peeps in the line from the web at the office.

I think they will have enough stock (at least at Regent Street) to sell to anyone who wants one until 10pm, which - depending on the length of the line - could be the time I actually get into the store...

ps. Does anyone else want them to hold off on the advertising until it goes on sale... I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry in the queue on the 09th - only us faithful who have waited ever so patiently since January. Not the fad people who just heard about this new Apple iPod phone thingy....

ascender
Oct 16, 2007, 03:54 AM
Read the god damn thread. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm going to go back through the 6 pages to find the post which confirms 6pm on a Friday. I knew it was the 9th, but seeing posts going on about opening/re-opening at 6 to go on sale didn't make any sense at all.

What an utterly bizzarre time to put something on sale.

RossoA
Oct 16, 2007, 09:34 AM
ps. Does anyone else want them to hold off on the advertising until it goes on sale... I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry in the queue on the 09th - only us faithful who have waited ever so patiently since January. Not the fad people who just heard about this new Apple iPod phone thingy....

I 100% agree with you on that front, plus the UK adverts make me cringe...

What an utterly bizarre time...

I know, st00pid, eh?

ascender
Oct 16, 2007, 09:42 AM
Hopefully there won't be a stock issue though. They've had long enough to manufacture lots of stock for the launch and its not going to have the same mass appeal that an iPod would have. By the time you add in the cost of the phone and contract, the time of year, the fact many people will just have bought new iPods etc, hopefully stock will be plentiful.

RossoA
Oct 16, 2007, 11:34 AM
Hopefully there won't be a stock issue though. They've had long enough to manufacture lots of stock for the launch and its not going to have the same mass appeal that an iPod would have. By the time you add in the cost of the phone and contract, the time of year, the fact many people will just have bought new iPods etc, hopefully stock will be plentiful.

I'm not going at 6am because I'm worried they'll sell out, I'm going because I like the atmosphere of the queue :)

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 16, 2007, 01:32 PM

This makes sense, I'm holding on to this thought!

Anyone else agree?

CD3660
Oct 16, 2007, 02:28 PM
My view is that it is more than likely that there will be enough stock to satisfy demand on the first day.

Even if this isn't the case and the Apple Stores sell out, there is always the option of trying several of the hundreds of o2 and CPW shops.

MattDell
Oct 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
Hmm... I live in Covent Garden so I might just try the Carphone Warehouse by my flat and if they're out just walk down Strand and work my way up towards Regent's Street until I find somebody who has one.

Ah, living in London. :)

-Matt

CD3660
Oct 17, 2007, 12:48 AM
Ah, living in London. :)

Yes, huge choice of outlets.

roblawton
Oct 17, 2007, 04:05 AM
My girlfriend has now decided she wants an iPhone too (with little persuasion from me!)

So that's two of us going to the apple store in Trafford Centre.

Choices of going to O2 and CPW stores here in Warrington, or the Trafford Centre, but we both agree that we want the full experience, and are heading to the apple store!

(even though we both work for carphone warehouse! :p)

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 04:09 AM
My girlfriend has now decided she wants an iPhone too (with little persuasion from me!)

So that's two of us going to the apple store in Trafford Centre.

Choices of going to O2 and CPW stores here in Warrington, or the Trafford Centre, but we both agree that we want the full experience, and are heading to the apple store!

(even though we both work for carphone warehouse! :p)

so as you work for cw any new news for us?
pay as you go?
confirmed 6.02 release?

roblawton
Oct 17, 2007, 04:38 AM
so as you work for cw any new news for us?
pay as you go?
confirmed 6.02 release?

Nothing new I'm afraid.

Just the official statements/info from O2/CPW?Apple.

- Confirmed 6pm release (unsure at the 6.02 release in o2 stores)

ascender
Oct 17, 2007, 05:11 AM
- Confirmed 6pm release (unsure at the 6.02 release in o2 stores)

Thanks for confirming the 6pm thing.

So, does anyone know why on earth they're choosing to release a new product at the end of the business day?

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks for confirming the 6pm thing.

So, does anyone know why on earth they're choosing to release a new product at the end of the business day?

same could be said of Leopard, it must be the apple way!
but the thing with the phone is by the time you get it go home and activate it god knows what time it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!

roblawton
Oct 17, 2007, 06:23 AM
same could be said of Leopard, it must be the apple way!
but the thing with the phone is by the time you get it go home and activate it god knows what time it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tempted to take my macbook with me, and try to activate it whilst sat in the Trafford Centre! That failing, it's a fast drive home to get it activated ASAP! :D

As for the 6pm release - I can only presume it's so that normal business can be run during the day for all stores - then special opening just to deal with iPhone sales/queries. It kinda makes sense if you ask me.

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 06:50 AM
I'm tempted to take my macbook with me, and try to activate it whilst sat in the Trafford Centre! That failing, it's a fast drive home to get it activated ASAP! :D

As for the 6pm release - I can only presume it's so that normal business can be run during the day for all stores - then special opening just to deal with iPhone sales/queries. It kinda makes sense if you ask me.

makes sense to me too! i'm heading for the glasgow store around 3pm. see what happens from there, i can't see their being a massive queue but 3 before should be plenty of time.(i hope)

Devil's Refugee
Oct 17, 2007, 06:59 AM
Think I'm going to wait for the unlocked version to hit the streets

http://www.phoneandphone.com/search/?action=item&idp=719&idc=1

:D

ibanana
Oct 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
Think I'm going to wait for the unlocked version to hit the streets

http://www.phoneandphone.com/search/?action=item&idp=719&idc=1

:D

unlocked version is sold at 749€ wich is £520...

stekerrod
Oct 17, 2007, 07:59 AM
i think i'll be heading to the trafford centre's apple store for about 4pm....hopefully there will be a good atmosphere there while we wait.....i am genuinely excited now.....only 22 days 4 hours to go now!

metoo6000
Oct 17, 2007, 08:25 AM
only 22 days 4 hours to go now!

No, no.

23 days and 4hours to go. :)

joshysquashy
Oct 17, 2007, 08:31 AM
I almost feel like making a poll "how many people have countdown dashboard widgets", but I know it would be pointless.

It must be many, I do!

Kee123
Oct 17, 2007, 10:04 AM
Anyone going to the store in the Arndale in Manchester?

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
I almost feel like making a poll "how many people have countdown dashboard widgets", but I know it would be pointless.

It must be many, I do!

my countdown ends on the 8th at 23.59 and 59 seconds, after that it's iday!!!!!!!! lol
we have all gone mad!!!

oreomac
Oct 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
I'm off to the apple store at bluewater, anyone else going there or am I going to be the only one?

I'm pleased about the 6pm release, as I've got an early shift that day & thought I was going to miss the excitement of the release.

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
anyone for Glasgow?

joshysquashy
Oct 17, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm off to the apple store at bluewater, anyone else going there or am I going to be the only one?

I'm pleased about the 6pm release, as I've got an early shift that day & thought I was going to miss the excitement of the release.

I think its highly unlikely that you would be the only one!

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 17, 2007, 12:37 PM
anyone for Glasgow?

Yeh, what day and time are you going?

CD3660
Oct 17, 2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone going to the store in the Arndale in Manchester?
How long has there been an Apple Store there?

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 12:55 PM
Yeh, what day and time are you going?

well i was thinking of Nov 9th!!! lol!!
going to go around 3pm

that was meant to be funny! i don't think there's any need to go on the 8th surely?
meet up if you want!!!

back to the football come on scotland!!

stekerrod
Oct 17, 2007, 12:58 PM
No, no.

23 days and 4hours to go. :)

i stand corrected! ive waited since january so another 24 hours wont make any difference!

stekerrod
Oct 17, 2007, 01:00 PM
How long has there been an Apple Store there?

over a year now.....i thought about going there but the trafford centre one is a lot easier to hurtle home from to activate my precious iPhone!:p

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
well i was thinking of Nov 9th!!! lol!!
going to go around 3pm

that was meant to be funny! i don't think there's any need to go on the 8th surely?
meet up if you want!!!

back to the football come on scotland!!

do you work or go to uni in town? I mean will you be able to keep an eye on the queue situation across thrus/fri?

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 02:23 PM
do you work or go to uni in town? I mean will you be able to keep an eye on the queue situation across thrus/fri?

i work a minute walk from the store, but i'm off the Thursday and Friday. no need to even think about thursday but if you want to start early on the friday i'm up for it!!
if there's no queue there's plenty of pubs lol!!!!!!

ps. shame about scotland

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 17, 2007, 03:01 PM
i work a minute walk from the store, but i'm off the Thursday and Friday. no need to even think about thursday but if you want to start early on the friday i'm up for it!!
if there's no queue there's plenty of pubs lol!!!!!!

ps. shame about scotland

Where do you work?

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 03:35 PM
Where do you work?

Queen Street station.

metoo6000
Oct 17, 2007, 04:13 PM
Queen Street station.

Wow, that's close enough...
But still.... you can't see the queue from your work. :D

redgaz26
Oct 17, 2007, 04:31 PM
i start at 07.00 on the friday so i took the day off, now it's a 18.00 release i'll head into town around 2 or 3, that should be time enough.
so that's 3 of us for glasgow? where we meeting for a drink?????????

RossoA
Oct 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
I've just had a brainwave.

I'm gonna be in line for 12 hours+, I'm gonna get hungry. My friend is flying over from the USA to queue with me, so it'd be plain rude to ask him to get us food. So I thought: Domino's.

Ah, yes, nothing like fresh, hawt pizza delivered straight to our sweaty hands in the iPhone line :D

I found a Domino's that's about 3 blocks away from the Apple Store, here's the details if anyone is gonna be queueing at Regent's and doesn't wanna get jealous of my tasty pizza :cool:

Domino's Pizza
37 Foley Street
W1W 7TN
0207 436 9000

gceo
Oct 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
If you don't want to feel like a total tool for waiting in line all day, just go 2-3 days after it comes out.

5 days after the release in the US, I walked into a San Diego Apple store, bought an 8GB, no line, no fuss, and I was in/out of the store in 10 minutes. My buddy waited in line all day with his daughter that he promised a phone for good grades, and he was pretty bummed for blowing a whole day when he found out there was no wait, and no shortage just 5 days later.

CD3660
Oct 18, 2007, 12:36 AM
If you don't want to feel like a total tool for waiting in line all day, just go 2-3 days after it comes out.
....My buddy waited in line all day with his daughter that he promised a phone for good grades, and he was pretty bummed for blowing a whole day when he found out there was no wait, and no shortage just 5 days later.
This may happen in the U.K. but many on this thread want the atmosphere of the occasion and are clearly die hard Brits (born to queue!)

Personally I don't mind queuing, but not for longer than 5 minutes! Airline check-in queues drive me mad.

metoo6000
Oct 18, 2007, 01:53 AM

I'm gonna be in line for 12 hours+, I'm gonna get hungry. My friend is flying over from the USA to queue with me, so it'd be plain rude to ask him to get us food. So I thought: Domino's.

Ah, yes, nothing like fresh, hawt pizza delivered straight to our sweaty hands in the iPhone line :D

I found a Domino's that's about 3 blocks away from the Apple Store, here's the details if anyone is gonna be queueing at Regent's and doesn't wanna get jealous of my tasty pizza :cool:

Domino's Pizza
37 Foley Street
W1W 7TN
0207 436 9000

Looks like.... you got a domino's Pizza sponsorship.

roblawton
Oct 18, 2007, 04:27 AM
My girlf just asked me if I was taking my macbook with us so we can activate ASAP! I thought I was bad for thinking of the idea, but she has now suggested it!

Does anyone know if there are any open wireless hotspots in/around the trafford centre. Or do you think if I ask nicely the apple store might let me piggy back theirs?

- I'm gonna be wearing my 'I'm a mac' t-shirt, and she'll be wearing her 'I <3 my geek' t-shirt!

This is gonna be the slowest 22 days of my life I think...

redgaz26
Oct 18, 2007, 04:31 AM
My girlf just asked me if I was taking my macbook with us so we can activate ASAP! I thought I was bad for thinking of the idea, but she has now suggested it!

Does anyone know if there are any open wireless hotspots in/around the trafford centre. Or do you think if I ask nicely the apple store might let me piggy back theirs?

- I'm gonna be wearing my 'I'm a mac' t-shirt, and she'll be wearing her 'I <3 my geek' t-shirt!

This is gonna be the slowest 22 days of my life I think...

your lucky, my girlfriend couldn't care less, in fact she's sick of the phone already and i havn't even got it yet!
22 and countin!!!!!!!!!

DavoMrMac
Oct 18, 2007, 05:29 AM

Yum, sounds good, but make sure you don't drip or smear that cheesey grease on your shiny new iPhone :)

TheChillPill
Oct 18, 2007, 07:58 AM

If you fancy a coffee during the activation process, I'm pretty sure Starbucks has wi-fi in there. I've never checked whether Apple's wi-fi is secured or not.

sananda
Oct 18, 2007, 08:01 AM

the apple store want you to use their wifi!

roblawton
Oct 18, 2007, 08:20 AM
If you fancy a coffee during the activation process, I'm pretty sure Starbucks has wi-fi in there. I've never checked whether Apple's wi-fi is secured or not.

That will be perfect! Coffee and Activation it is...!

the apple store want you to use their wifi!

Or I could sit outside the apple store and do it there! :D

To be honest, I'll probably end up sat in starbucks, I'll feel a bit safer with two iPhones there...

RossoA
Oct 18, 2007, 10:49 AM
Yum, sounds good, but make sure you don't drip or smear that cheesey grease on your shiny new iPhone :)

Hehe :) There's no way I'm even opening the mighty box until I get home and let that new Apple smell fill my living room :p

I'm gonna be wearing my Leopard shirt from 13 days before :cool:

Dammit I love this!

21 days 8 hours! :D

I wish I didn't have this countdown widget, it makes time feel MUCH slower!

At least I have a week off and a Leopard release to get my juices flowing/blow my fanboy brains out :D

<3

PS. Anyone else for Regent's?

herodian
Oct 18, 2007, 12:05 PM
just out of interest, where are these (iPhone and Leopard) widgets? i'm searching all over Apple.com and cannee find them..

CD3660
Oct 18, 2007, 12:19 PM
Or I could sit outside the apple store and do it there! :D

There are a few benches very nearby. I saw a guy there last weekend surfing the web on his MacBook.

redgaz26
Oct 18, 2007, 12:22 PM
Where do you work?

hey mad.bout.iphone are u going to the glasgow store???????

CD3660
Oct 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
21 days 8 hours! :D

I wish I didn't have this countdown widget, it makes time feel MUCH slower!

You must have your widget countdown set to the previous midnight, not 6.00 pm on the 9th of November.

Mine says 22 days 26 minutes.

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 18, 2007, 02:57 PM
hey mad.bout.iphone are u going to the glasgow store???????

yes mate, we will have to sort out the specifics so we can help each other should the other get late or something?

Will need to get back to you on that one. How long you been working at Queen St?

redgaz26
Oct 18, 2007, 04:22 PM
yes mate, we will have to sort out the specifics so we can help each other should the other get late or something?

Will need to get back to you on that one. How long you been working at Queen St?

nearly 7 years!!!

I'll PM you nearer the time just out of interest where do you stay I'm in Cumbernauld!

Roll on the 9th! Can't wait!!

ripkord
Oct 19, 2007, 02:47 AM
Another one here for Glasgow, pre-ordered from the Buchanan Galleries O2 shop, had no idea it was 6pm, there was me gonna blatantly lie to my boss about having a doctors appointment in the morning as well! Haha! I can be in town for 6pm easy and I was the 16th person on the pre-order list at the store so I should be OK, hopefully. If not theres The Apple store, an o2 on Buchanan st. 2 on Sauchiehall st and one on argyle st. Plus the Carphonewarehouses!!

Is the Glasgow Apple store doing an event? Would be quite cool to get it from there I guess, the upside of the Galleries is that it will be nice and warm if I have to queue!

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
Another one here for Glasgow, pre-ordered from the Buchanan Galleries O2 shop, had no idea it was 6pm, there was me gonna blatantly lie to my boss about having a doctors appointment in the morning as well! Haha! I can be in town for 6pm easy and I was the 16th person on the pre-order list at the store so I should be OK, hopefully. If not theres The Apple store, an o2 on Buchanan st. 2 on Sauchiehall st and one on argyle st. Plus the Carphonewarehouses!!

Is the Glasgow Apple store doing an event? Would be quite cool to get it from there I guess, the upside of the Galleries is that it will be nice and warm if I have to queue!

You cant actually preorder, they just call you to let you know they are in. 16th? Hey its looking good stock wise!!

joshysquashy
Oct 19, 2007, 11:36 AM
You cant actually preorder, they just call you to let you know they are in. 16th? Hey its looking good stock wise!!

Perhaps he means he was the 16th person to request they ring him?

ripkord
Oct 19, 2007, 12:34 PM

You can if you know the store manager :D

nah just kidding thats what I meant, they WILL hold it for you though until close of business.

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
You can if you know the store manager :D

nah just kidding thats what I meant, they WILL hold it for you though until close of business.

When did you do this?

redgaz26
Oct 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
When did you do this?

so if's there's 10 iphones left and 100 people outside there still going to keep one for you in case you turn up?
no chance.............

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 19, 2007, 03:12 PM
so if's there's 10 iphones left and 100 people outside there still going to keep one for you in case you turn up?
no chance.............

yeh it didnt sound right did it

ripkord
Oct 20, 2007, 06:05 AM
yeh it didnt sound right did it

thats what the guy said!

I wouldnt worry I doubt they will be short, lets face it

£270 and £35 for 200mins / 200txt / 200mb (NOT UNLIMITED LYING C****S)

Is a bit of a rip off!! and its what about 6 weeks before christmas?

The odds are on our side!

roblawton
Oct 20, 2007, 11:12 AM
I can't wait to see what o2 Customer Services call centres are gonna be like on the Friday night, Saturday after it comes out!

Everyone will get their shiny new toy home, see the tariffs available on iTunes and 'wtf?!'

Nevermind the large amount of people who are probably gonna have trouble porting their current numbers over to the new iPhone/o2 contract - when they realise they have to get a PAC number before trying to register the iPhone!

CD3660
Oct 20, 2007, 11:18 AM
Everyone will get their shiny new toy home, see the tariffs available on iTunes and 'wtf?!'

I would hope that people will be sensible enough to familiarise themselves with the three tariffs before shelling out £269 on the hardware, but who knows?

joshysquashy
Oct 20, 2007, 11:40 AM
I can't wait to see what o2 Customer Services call centres are gonna be like on the Friday night, Saturday after it comes out!

Nevermind the large amount of people who are probably gonna have trouble porting their current numbers over to the new iPhone/o2 contract - when they realise they have to get a PAC number before trying to register the iPhone!

you obviously think ppl are very dumb! some are, of course, but most people spending that kinda money and buying it on the first day its released have already done their research.

10 days till I ask for my PAC code! (Cause it only lasts 30 days, but I want it to arrive in time!)

CD3660
Oct 20, 2007, 12:41 PM
10 days till I ask for my PAC code! (Cause it only lasts 30 days, but I want it to arrive in time!)
I'm trying to time this right as well. 10 days sounds good to me.

sneeks
Oct 21, 2007, 04:36 PM
I'm planning on buying from the Apple store in Glasgow and have the Friday off of work. I'll happily meet up with other buyers on that day. Does anyone know the activation process required for current o2 customers. Obviously I should not require a PAC number.

joshysquashy
Oct 21, 2007, 04:41 PM
I'm planning on buying from the Apple store in Glasgow and have the Friday off of work. I'll happily meet up with other buyers on that day. Does anyone know the activation process required for current o2 customers. Obviously I should not require a PAC number.

I would phone them up, and post your findings here.

it doesn't hurt to get a pac code - its free and does nothing until you use it, after 30 days it expires.

you will either need a pac code, or there will be some way of "upgrading" by logging in to your O2 account (via itunes).

i am sure O2 will know, and if they don't just get a PAC code incase.

afd
Oct 21, 2007, 05:35 PM
sorry if this has been answered before, but is this 6pm thing official, or an educated guess? Haven't seen anything on Apple or 02 sites about a time, just the date, asked at Buchanan St shop the other day and they didn't know about a time either.

roblawton
Oct 22, 2007, 02:42 AM

Are you with o2 Direct, or with o2 through the carphone warehouse?
When did you get your current contract/upgrade?

This all matters when going through the activation/number-porting process.

Rob,

p.s. - It is definately a 6pm launch.

RossoA
Oct 22, 2007, 04:01 AM
Can we try and keep this on topic please.

It's meant to be a thread about who's gonna be in the queue, not about activation and O2.

Thanks

afd
Oct 22, 2007, 05:26 AM
p.s. - It is definately a 6pm launch.

where did this info come from?

ascender
Oct 22, 2007, 05:38 AM

Its been confirmed in a few places now I think.

roblawton
Oct 22, 2007, 05:39 AM

Various sources.
Apple stores, o2 stores all over have confirmed that they're closing and re-opening at 6 to sell the iPhone.

afd
Oct 22, 2007, 06:17 AM
bummer, so much for me nipping into glasgow at 3:30, buying a phone and back for a night out at 7. Looks like I'll be waiting till Saturday...

flamejob
Oct 22, 2007, 06:23 AM
Great... that means a whole load of commuters coming in and messing up the chances for the true enthusiasts

Presumably this means that the O2 shops will be open late?

redgaz26
Oct 22, 2007, 08:36 AM

going into Glasgow around 2pm

on the week leading up to the 9th we should start a thread for us glasgow dudes to meet up.

sananda
Oct 22, 2007, 08:41 AM
Great... that means a whole load of commuters coming in and messing up the chances for the true enthusiasts

Presumably this means that the O2 shops will be open late?

a true enthusiast like you? a toshiba user?

ibanana
Oct 22, 2007, 11:08 AM

lol

joshysquashy
Oct 22, 2007, 11:19 AM

Well at least he has an iPod! him and the rest of the country!

flamejob
Oct 23, 2007, 02:41 AM
lol.... I'm 'between mac's at the moment.... mkaay!' ;)

Moleshome
Oct 25, 2007, 01:31 PM
When I asked in my Carphone Whorehouse the sales assistant was complaining that she was going to have to work on the Friday night, they were getting 50 iPhones in and they had only had 4 enquiries so far.

This is in a quiet little Berkshire market town so it doesn't sound like they'll run out of stock.

I'm torn on where to go to buy it. CPW is the most convenient but I loathe and despise them, 20 minute drive to an O2 shop or an hour and a half down to Apple at Southampton. I just wonder whether I'll get better service from the Apple shop if I get negative black problems or dead pixels etc.

redgaz26
Oct 25, 2007, 01:33 PM
When I asked in my Carphone Whorehouse the sales assistant was complaining that she was going to have to work on the Friday night, they were getting 50 iPhones in and they had only had 4 enquiries so far.

This is in a quiet little Berkshire market town so it doesn't sound like they'll run out of stock.

I'm torn on where to go to buy it. CPW is the most convenient but I loathe and despise them, 20 minute drive to an O2 shop or an hour and a half down to Apple at Southampton. I just wonder whether I'll get better service from the Apple shop if I get negative black problems or dead pixels etc.

doesn't matter where you buy it, if theres something wrong you take it back to apple!!!!!!!!

iDanielbk
Oct 25, 2007, 02:01 PM
anyone going to queue at THE METRO CENTRE 02 STORE?

alexisdwoods
Oct 25, 2007, 04:27 PM

I spoke to one of the o2 reps if your on an exsisting o2 contract before the 18th of september its just an upgrade with no credit check. you get a temp number for the first 5 days. Their is no point in o2 checking there exsisting customers either they where checked in the last 6 -12 months or they have been upgraded so they know you will pay your bill. Also a friend of mine works at a shopping center in the city and they said they would have to open at 5:30 am and close at 10 pm on the ninth for certain shops.Im not sure maybe that means stock is arriving early. Also the o2 rep told me if you sign up for updates you can reserve one at your local store

ynnoj
Oct 25, 2007, 04:46 PM
anyone going to queue at THE METRO CENTRE 02 STORE?
I will be. I'll be there from about 4, last I heard they wouldn't be available until 6pm.

Is that now confirmed?

CD3660
Oct 25, 2007, 04:53 PM
I will be. I'll be there from about 4, last I heard they wouldn't be available until 6pm.

Is that now confirmed?
Yes. I went into the Derby Square, Liverpool O2 store at lunchtime and they confirmed 6.00 pm as the start time. The rep had no idea how much stock they would get though.

Also went to the Apple Store at the Trafford Centre in Manchester this evening. Same story: 6.00 pm launch but no idea of expected stock levels.

Frozentoast
Oct 25, 2007, 04:59 PM
Also went to the Apple Store at the Trafford Centre in Manchester this evening. Same story: 6.00 pm launch but no idea of expected stock levels.
I'm itching to smash my Nokia N80 in the Trafford Centre queue. Goodbye forever Symbian!

CD3660
Oct 25, 2007, 05:22 PM
I'm itching to smash my Nokia N80 in the Trafford Centre queue. Goodbye forever Symbian!
Hadn't you better wait until you've been inside and made sure that there is an iPhone available for you? ;)

Frozentoast
Oct 25, 2007, 05:23 PM
Hadn't you better wait until you've been inside and made sure that there is an iPhone available for you? ;)
That sketch writes itself doesn't it? :)

CD3660
Oct 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
That sketch writes itself doesn't it? :)
I feel your pain though - I gave up on Nokia when Symbian came along!

BuxtonUK
Oct 25, 2007, 05:42 PM
Also the o2 rep told me if you sign up for updates you can reserve one at your local store

And the o2 reps told me that the signing up for updates doesn't really reserve you an iPhone, it's quite literally first come, first served.

So don't turn up late and expect to just be handed an iPhone, they'll sell every unit they have to anyone who's got the money.

CD3660
Oct 25, 2007, 07:06 PM
So don't turn up late and expect to just be handed an iPhone, they'll sell every unit they have to anyone who's got the money.
I think this is likely to be the case unless you have a personal relationship with a member of staff who is able to 'put one aside' for you.

Frozentoast
Oct 25, 2007, 07:23 PM
The O2 stores are only accepting cards as payment, is this true for the Apple Stores too, or will they be accepting cash?

CD3660
Oct 25, 2007, 07:26 PM
The O2 stores are only accepting cards as payment, is this true for the Apple Stores too, or will they be accepting cash?
No cash anywhere as I understand the situation.

iDanielbk
Oct 26, 2007, 12:49 PM

Is that now confirmed?

Yep Deffo at 6 what time you queuing ?

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 27, 2007, 09:11 AM
this t-shirt must be awesome, if people are willing to wait in the rain for one.

I haven't seen it so I cant say

RossoA
Oct 27, 2007, 09:13 AM
Well, the Leopard one is pretty sweet, so I can only imagine! :D

I'm queuing to be one of the first, and to have all the excitement and clapping, high-fiving and such :cool:

6am start - let's hope it doesn't rain!

redgaz26
Oct 27, 2007, 09:16 AM
this t-shirt must be awesome, if people are willing to wait in the rain for one.

I haven't seen it so I cant say

i was in glasgow last night going to a gig it was freezing and raining, i hope it's not the same on the 9th nov!!
walked passed the store and seen people waiting for leopard.
I got mine today!!!!!!!
under 2 weeks to go!!!!!!!:)

iDanielbk
Oct 27, 2007, 09:30 AM
IM SO MAD! Orange wont let me out off my contract so no iPhone for Me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Anyone know any tricks o get out a contract

Frozentoast
Oct 27, 2007, 09:51 AM
IM SO MAD! Orange wont let me out off my contract so no iPhone for Me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Anyone know any tricks o get out a contract
Change your bank details completely so they are forced to cut you off. A touch extreme but my friend did this recently.

RossoA
Oct 27, 2007, 09:59 AM
Change your bank details completely so they are forced to cut you off. A touch extreme but my friend did this recently.

Good pun :cool:

paulo999
Oct 27, 2007, 10:24 AM

Reduce it to the minimum spend?

Moleshome
Oct 27, 2007, 11:09 AM

Be very careful. They can take legal action to recover the rest of the money due on the contract.

RossoA
Oct 27, 2007, 11:26 AM
Back to the topic!

So, after your legal battle with Orange and the bank you will have to rob to gain the money - what store and what time will you be getting your phone from? :rolleyes:

bigandy
Oct 27, 2007, 11:32 AM

Just cancelling a Direct Debit would do the same. Without that permission or a standing order, banks can't let companies touch your money without your authorisation.

The big issue with 'running away' is that when you're in a phone contract, you've signed a credit agreement similar to that for a credit card, mortgage or loan. The lender, in this case your mobile carrier, is fully within their rights, and both can and will go to lengths to get this money. You will see arrears, followed by defaults, on your credit record, before they head out for a County Court Judgement.

The only way to actually get out of a credit agreement scot-free in the UK is to leave the country for a period in excess of six years. After this time, any outstanding debt is considered unrecoverable and written off by the companies, or more likely at this stage, debt collectors dealing with your accounts, and you are blacklisted should you ever return to the country. The only thing I could say there is good luck even getting a bank account when you return - blacklisting makes it pretty much impossible.

joshysquashy
Oct 27, 2007, 11:48 AM
Why don't you just buy the iPhone and swap the sim with your current one, of course the legality of this is debatable and it requires free software to "unlock" the iphone.

You won't have the unlimited data, unless you can choose to add it to your tariff. This is the best solution I can think of.

Frozentoast
Oct 27, 2007, 01:02 PM
You could always move to France if Orange have that tight of a stranglehold on you. :)

CD3660
Oct 27, 2007, 02:22 PM
IM SO MAD! Orange wont let me out off my contract so no iPhone for Me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Anyone know any tricks o get out a contractHow about reducing it to the lowest possible monthly tariff and then paying it off? Or is that still too expensive?

mad.bout.iphone
Oct 27, 2007, 03:06 PM
You could always move to France if Orange have that tight of a stranglehold on you. :)

OR wait and get a french iphone imported on/after the 29th

spencer.nash
Oct 27, 2007, 04:25 PM
if you wanna mess up for credit score and have threating letters "final final final notice " before we come round, then sure cancel your contract.

TIP: Relisticaly phone up Orange say "wanna pay to cancel your contract and pay all future line rentals" (if your a person who goes over your line rental, "high profile customer") they will try and keep you with some kinda discount, take the discount and put it to one side and pay off that per month to end of contact... if no discount hang up and phone again and just request the min line rental

CD3660
Oct 27, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'm queuing to be one of the first, and to have all the excitement and clapping, high-fiving and such :cool:

Hey RossoA, does this really happen? I think I've just decided not to queue: Such behaviour would interfere with my British 'stiff upper lip'! :eek:

metoo6000
Oct 28, 2007, 02:31 AM
Hey RossoA, does this really happen? I think I've just decided not to queue: Such behaviour would interfere with my British 'stiff upper lip'! :eek:

Hehehe.... :D
You maybe right. It never happened on the Grand Opening day of Apple Store in Glasgow. People were soooo calm even though the Apple staffs came out, cheered and clapped.

joshysquashy
Oct 28, 2007, 04:20 AM

But the British love to queue! Even if they don't need to, they see a queue and join it! Weird eh!

paulobrad
Oct 28, 2007, 04:34 AM
The result of some procrastination...
See you in Regent Street on the 9th!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_BpWxN2Q5uQ

CD3660
Oct 28, 2007, 04:50 AM
The result of some procrastination...
See you in Regent Street on the 9th!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_BpWxN2Q5uQ
Nice taster. I think I might queue on the 9th after all. It got me high fiving the other half in the kitchen! ;)

RossoA
Oct 28, 2007, 07:05 AM

Yeah, it did :)

I got handed my T-Shirt, walked to the stairs and high-fived two guys who looked like I just told them they won the lottery. Must've been a damn good high-five - I don't think they were expecting it.

I think I'm gonna do a Tour de Store on the 9th - that's a high-five from EVERY member of staff :D

Just over 11 days until I'm there! :cool:

Moleshome
Oct 28, 2007, 07:16 AM
I got handed my T-Shirt

Are they likely to be handing out T-shirts for iPhone? It might just tip the scales of whether I bother driving to Southampton and queueing rather than just going to my local O2.

:confused:

RossoA
Oct 28, 2007, 07:22 AM
Are they likely to be handing out T-shirts for iPhone? It might just tip the scales of whether I bother driving to Southampton and queueing rather than just going to my local O2.

:confused:

I don't think they will - of course, I don't know.

In the States another company were giving free shirts away, but who knows.

It's worth going to the Apple Store for the excitement of being with other people who have been waiting just as long as you, the cool bag and of course the self-esteem boosting entrance you get :D

iDanielbk
Oct 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
How about reducing it to the lowest possible monthly tariff and then paying it off? Or is that still too expensive?

Its gonna look funny if i say, can i lower it to the lowest possible and then ring them again and say no can i cancel!!!

CD3660
Oct 28, 2007, 11:30 AM
Its gonna look funny if i say, can i lower it to the lowest possible and then ring them again and say no can i cancel!!!
Not at all: You are entitled to buy out the contract. They cannot force you to use the phone or to do any more than pay the monthly figure due.

RossoA
Oct 28, 2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, that's what I did :D

You'll probably get a different phone operator anyway, these are big call centers.

iDanielbk
Oct 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
True but how long do i leave it from when i lower it to when i cancel it?

Lol its only 11 days I CAN HARDLY SLEEP IM SO EXCITED:p:p:p:p

CD3660
Oct 28, 2007, 12:22 PM
True but how long do i leave it from when i lower it to when i cancel it?

About 30 seconds I'd say!

RossoA
Oct 28, 2007, 12:58 PM
That's about how much sleep I get every night :P

It's so annoying, my head says "Dude, it's a phone", my heart says "APPPLLLLLE :D:D:D:D:D:D".

Which one would you listen to?! :rolleyes:

P.S. This thread MUST live until the 9th! :cool: