Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
i remember about a month ago apple released this iTunes web widget sort of thing that shows you your purchases from iTunes and it is a code and you can put into your website. When you click on one of the artist it takes you to the iTunes page on your computer. I was just wondering if this worked on the iPod touch?? That would be awesome if it could. Could someone try it and even better, make a video of it??? -thanks anyway.

webteeth

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Unfortunately, "My iTunes Widgets" uses flash, which the iPod touch (and iPhone) do not support. But it's an interesting question, whether iTunes links in the mobile safari browser will bring up the portable version of iTunes on the iPhone and the iPod touch..

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
Unfortunately, "My iTunes Widgets" uses flash, which the iPod touch (and iPhone) do not support. But it's an interesting question, whether iTunes links in the mobile safari browser will bring up the portable version of iTunes on the iPhone and the iPod touch..

wow, how hypocritical of apple.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003

It does actually. If you click an iTS link in MobileSafari it opens up the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
i remember about a month ago apple released this iTunes web widget sort of thing that shows you your purchases from iTunes and it is a code and you can put into your website. When you click on one of the artist it takes you to the iTunes page on your computer. I was just wondering if this worked on the iPod touch?? That would be awesome if it could. Could someone try it and even better, make a video of it??? -thanks anyway.

There's a lot of javascript snippets out there for songs you're playing on iTunes, favorites etc., available DIY sort of place or like last.fm. Javascript will work fine on touch Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.