Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibookonepoint33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
I have a ibookg4 1.33mhz with 1.25 ram (max). I plan to use imovie 06/08 to import onto an external h.drive, with the intention of upgrading to FCE 3.5, as I read on Apples website, the two were integratable. I also read that my system just meets the min requirements-
My questions are as follows:

Is anybody running imovie hd/FCE 3.5 with HDV footage (HV20), with on a system such as mine?

Whats the best deal on FCE 3.5, and how many machines can you load the software on concurrently?

I have read some very mixed reviews, on Imovie 08....anybody have a copy of imovie hd 06 I could purchase or copy ??

Any rumors on patches/new version for imovie 08? I used it on my buddy g5 and it shutdown suddenly a half dozen times, pain in the hey now!

Appreciate your help.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
HDV whether it be in iMovie (06) or FCE is going to be slow as hell and will barely run on your machine. You really need an intel processor with at least 2 gigs of ram to be able to use HDV. iMovie 08 won't even run on a G4 processor (only G5 or Intel).

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html

You can download iMovie 06 there if you own iLife 08.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.