Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james6000

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2007
UK
I heard the front it quite resistant to scratches if it is the same suface as the iPhone. The back is where all the scratches appear.

818freddy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
My iPod touch has a brown circle on top of the screen is it suppose to be there

bozboyku1

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007
I still have to cover on the screen. I did cut the tab off at the bottom though so it wasnt in the way. just waiting till I can get a case for it..

bozboyku1

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007
My iPod touch has a brown circle on top of the screen is it suppose to be there
There is a brown circle that can be seen in direct light, which is the light sensor. However that is not on the screen, its under the black on the top.

818freddy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
O ok thanks I thought something was wrong with my iPod. Why is the light sensor for

Cache

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Hm, wait, I thought it would set it to lower when there is alot of light. Since then you wouldnt need the screen to be bright. ^^

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
Hm, wait, I thought it would set it to lower when there is alot of light. Since then you wouldnt need the screen to be bright. ^^

Nah man, the lighter it is, the brighter your screen needs to be. If you are in a dark room, you can set the brightness all the way down.

tobenning

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Blue Painter's tape

i tried but it was too hard to use i thought. Keep it on as long as u can b/c I already have scratches on the back. It sucks.

I covered the back of my touch with blue painter's tape until I can get a proper case for it. I did that with my week 37 touch and the tape came right off cleanly in the Best Buy parking lot before I returned it for a week 38 touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.