PDA

View Full Version : Coverflow: Album artwork

klb028
Sep 23, 2007, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm really enjoying my new iPod classic. My absolute favorite feature is Coverflow. However, I'm guessing it goes by each individual artist that is featured in an album? For example, the Marie Antoinette soundtrack has multiple artists such as The Strokes, Bow Wow Wow and The Cure. When I view them in Coverflow, it looks like this:

(album artwork)
Marie Antoinette
The Cure

Is this how it's always been and will be? Is there any way to change it to show only the complete full album, not by individual artist (like the example below)?

(album artwork)
Marie Antoinette

ALSO, I think this next problem has something to do with the first situation mentioned above. I have album artwork applied to many of my songs, but not necessarily EVERY song in an album. Was I supposed to be applying album artwork to each individual song all along? iTunes isn't picking up or noticing a lot of my music when I go to "Get Album Artwork" and I guess it's because our information might be different. Because of this, I'm not able to apply artwork in a faster way. I would like each and every song to show album artwork. Advice, suggestions or comments?

zioxide
Sep 23, 2007, 08:42 PM
First thing: I think its a bug with the way the new iPods display compliations but I'm not sure... make sure you have "part of a compilation" checked in the get info for all of those songs in those albums with multiple artists. Try this and see what happens.

Second thing: If itunes isn't getting the art for you than your song info is wrong. So you have two options: fix the song info so iTunes can download the art or download it yourself off of amazon (or another site) and apply it yourself.

Third thing: how do you like your macbook now that you've had it for a couple months? :)

klb028
Sep 24, 2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the help! I tried it, but I haven't seen any difference. :(

I am definitely LOVING the MacBook experience. :) I'm so happy I chose to go with it. I think the MBP would've been too much for right now, and the MacBook does everything I need it to. I can't see myself switching back any time soon. I still get to work with Windows at school.

ivi7
Sep 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
When I run into problems like this I grab the artwork myself from here (http://www.thejosher.net/iTunes/).

zioxide
Sep 25, 2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the help! I tried it, but I haven't seen any difference. :(

I am definitely LOVING the MacBook experience. :) I'm so happy I chose to go with it. I think the MBP would've been too much for right now, and the MacBook does everything I need it to. I can't see myself switching back any time soon. I still get to work with Windows at school.

must be a bug or something with the classic software.

glad you're loving the macbook though :) i'm waiting for my new macbook pro :) to get here since my ibook died :(

szandor
Sep 26, 2007, 02:00 AM
i have the same problem before updating the id3 tag. each song shows up as an individual artist and not under the soundtrack. what i do is just tag each mp3 the same, i.e. <soundtrack name> - <song #> - <name of song>. then i select all the songs, select get info, and then past the cover for the soundtrack in the art window. all the songs show up in coverflow under the one soundtrack and not as individual artists.