Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Hey so I just installed my Pioneer DEH-5900iB deck and have connected it to my iPod in my 2003 SVT Focus. I really hated having the iPod in the glove box cause I keep my sunglasses and wallet and the iPod is just an inconvenience. So I decided to find a new spot to put the iPod, in the little drawer to the left of the stereo and right above the lighter plug.
The iPod didn't fit in the drawer itself so I took a hacksaw to it to trim off the sides. Anyway it doesn't matter since no one really sees that part. What do you guys think?
IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Shoulda used a dremmel. But really, this is great. I have one that allows me to plug my ipod via a monster cable but all my interface says is aux. I considered the harmon/karman play, but I like the newer one. I'm thinking I may want this. Even though my head unit has xm, I never got it hooked up and if I ever so it'll be Sirus. What is in the back? Is it a monster cable and then the power?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Yeah I can likely still dremmel it, but I don't have one. This head unit has a specific iPod connect cable. I have an Aux port too, but haven't use it yet.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Cool. I have a similar setup in my car except mine's a Kenwood, with the Kenwood adapter. I just got a new 160gb Classic. It works, but there's some odd behavior. Glad yours is working!

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Aren't you worried about scratching up the backside of the ipod tho?
I just bought the Griffin Reflective case for it. It has a nice rubber textured backing with a reflective front that looks like a mirror, but once the iPod turns on the screen is bright enough to be seen easily. Its really a great fit, and I recommend it.

Does it work with the iPod Touch? :confused:

Have no idea. The touch looks fantastic but too small of capacity and just not what I need (besides I'd rather get an iPhone if I went that route).

PCRanger said:
P.S Your steering wheel is on the wrong side
Odd. Maybe I should contact Ford about that one.

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
um....sand paper. clean up those jagged edges!!!! That makes the install look insanely messy and cheap. If I was buying your car, I'd ask for you to take $100-$200 off the asking price for a shoddy looking install. 10 minutes with a sanding block could fix that, though, and make it look OEM. Start rough to level it, then use a fine sandpaper to get it smooth, then go over it with some steel wool to really perfect it. That done, it'll be a sweet install.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
If I was buying your car, I'd ask for you to take $100-$200 off the asking price for a shoddy looking install.

But I'm not selling you my car.

Yes, yes, yes, I know the jagged edges look bad. And they will be corrected but sandpaper will definitely not do it. I'll invest in a dremmel this weekend.
($100-$200 off asking price, haha, yeah right).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.