PDA

View Full Version : iPod classic - Center buton

MaddieBrad
Sep 24, 2007, 01:45 PM
Hey there,
I just got a 160 GB ipod classic in silver. I am a bit curious if anyone else has noticed that the center button seems recessed, or is it that I got a bum one??? I haven't been able to compare mine to another one yet.

Thanks,
Brad

Jaffa Cake
Sep 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
I've not handled a classic myself, but that's how the centre buttons are on the old-style nanos we have. I'd suggest that the button being like that is perfectly normal, probably so it's easier to find it if the iPod is in your pocket or something,

logicalnoise
Sep 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
my 80 gig recesses into the ipod but the ridges of the center button meet the click wheel exactly.

greatwhite
Sep 24, 2007, 02:23 PM
I have just got an 80gb Classic and the centre button is recessed, but just in the middle. the edges are in line with the click wheel.
BTW, does anyone know why my computer would instantly reboot when I attach the iPod Classic using the new cable, but not when I use the old cable from my 5g, non video?

MaddieBrad
Sep 24, 2007, 03:27 PM
Now that I look at it closer... what I see is that the click wheel itself is actually raised... so there is an edge on the outer part of the click wheel and the center button is also lower than the click wheel.

I will have to go into the apple store and have a look at some others.