PDA

View Full Version : Apple's underlying agenda has gotten me

BiikeMike
Sep 24, 2007, 02:02 PM
In all this usong of my iTouch, I now really want an iPhone. To be able to have this browser my pocket anywhere.... WOW!

Too bad I'm locked into VZW :(

jmpage2
Sep 24, 2007, 02:06 PM
In all this usong of my iTouch, I now really want an iPhone. To be able to have this browser my pocket anywhere.... WOW!

Too bad I'm locked into VZW :(

Try using Safari over EDGE, it's painful. I literally waited 5 mins for msnbc.com to load up.

Do yourself a favor and wait for 2nd gen iPhone which will probably have 16GB or more of storage, be smaller, and have a 3G radio.

BiikeMike
Sep 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
Try using Safari over EDGE, it's painful. I literally waited 5 mins for msnbc.com to load up.

Do yourself a favor and wait for 2nd gen iPhone which will probably have 16GB or more of storage, be smaller, and have a 3G radio.

I fully plan on it!

parrotheadmjb
Sep 24, 2007, 03:01 PM
yea once 3g comes to the iPhone I hope it isnt at&t exclusive since their networks sucks almost everywhere I go edge or no edge.

DotComCTO
Sep 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
EDGE on the iPhone is not that bad, and 3G coverage in the US isn't all that great. That's not to say that EDGE == WiFi, but really, it's fine when I'm on the road and I need to find something using the iPhone + Safari. I don't buy into the "EDGE sucks" commentary as I really haven't had that experience.

Also, Google Maps is a great tool to have in areas where traffic information is available. Just yesterday, I was in lower Manhattan and was about to take the West Side Highway instead of the FDR. Before I hit the road, I checked Google Maps very quickly and saw that the West Side was jammed up. I hit the FDR instead and had a quick ride home.

Glad to have an iPhone...3G would be nice, but I'm not crying about it...EDGE isn't as bad as some people would leave one to believe. YMMV.

:cool:

--DotComCTO

Sweetbike40
Sep 24, 2007, 04:24 PM

I totally agree. I want the phone too now because of this Touch but just think how much nicer the next phone will be and you won't have to toss and old iPhone.

Enterprise8875
Sep 24, 2007, 05:54 PM
yea once 3g comes to the iPhone I hope it isnt at&t exclusive since their networks sucks almost everywhere I go edge or no edge.

At&t has a 5 year contract so there will not be a non-AT&T iPhone until late 2012 at the earliest.

Shanesan
Sep 24, 2007, 06:05 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Apple and their really shifty stance on keeping their iPods and iphones locked. It's starting to irk me that they may offer new or better programs for a large fee just to make a few extra bucks on an already expensive product.
Sort of ticks me off...

rdowns
Sep 24, 2007, 06:53 PM

I think EDGE is pretty good in NYC. I'm in Denver on business and EDGE flies.

macpluslaptop
Sep 24, 2007, 07:00 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Apple and their really shifty stance on keeping their iPods and iphones locked. It's starting to irk me that they may offer new or better programs for a large fee just to make a few extra bucks on an already expensive product.
Sort of ticks me off...

Steve Jobs was just named the 56th richest man in the country (or is it world?) - we all know why.:eek:

trevorlsciact
Sep 24, 2007, 07:24 PM
Steve Jobs was just named the 56th richest man in the country (or is it world?) - we all know why.:eek:

yeah, Pixar...