Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tijuanamiguel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2007
I'm very disappointed in Currys' online service. i ordered a 16GB touch, but then once i had received the confirmation email i realised my address had the wrong house number. i tried to call them, and i was bounced around about 5 different phone numbers (some even repeated, with different instructions!) and it turned out that the best advice they could give me was to cancel my order, and then order it again JUST to change my house number! how outrageous.

Anyway, i just cancelled my order and didnt bother ordering again. this time i'm going with the official apple store. it'll take a few more days to actually deliver, but i also get a better discount voucher.

oh, i know its lazy and i could look for myself, but with the apple store's refund policy, if i find that the touch is not for me can i return it within 28 days, even if it isnt defective? just because i'd rather have a classic?

tijuanamiguel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2007
oh dear god... i thought i HAD cancelled it. turns out i happened to call again due to lack of confirmation on my cancellation, and they said it WOULD NOT be possible for me to cancel it as the order had apparently been dispatched already.

summing up, i have to wait to get my ipod (which should be arriving at a house that doesnt exist) and then be at the house number that doesnt exist to collect it, send it back and get a refund, then make a new order and have it shipped to my real house. odds are it will be defective so i'll return that again and have a new one sent :eek:

DO NOT BUY FROM CURRYS

tijuanamiguel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2007
okay i've just spoken to them.

but anyway, on their services it does have an option of ammending home delivery details, and after contacting them yesterday they said to cancel (which i couldnt according to another of their departments).

*latest update* right, i spoke to them and it actually turns out that i DID NOT make a mistake, they just displayed it wrong in my emails. it shows as number "2 2", when my number is just "2". on the phone just now they said it is actually down as "2", unlike the confirmation emails they sent me.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
OR... Don't get your address wrong in your order...

Precisely.

Although as an ex-employee of Currys, I can say that the telephone order staff are particularly poorly trained. However, it is necessary to buy the product back before it can be reprocessed with a new address.

What they could do though, is contact the so called courier to change the order. However, I don't think it has actually been dispatched yet as DSG's NDC's (National Distribution Center's) haven't had any stock yet to send out to customers.

tijuanamiguel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2007
yeah i understand what you guys are saying. i honestly didnt think i had typed the wrong house number in at any point. i was very surprised to see this in an email:

[img=http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/29364/2000115970286550287_rs.jpg]

having spoken to them on the phone a little bit ago i realised that the email is not right and that it is in fact just "2".

he said that's what was on my parcel, which is odd considering everyone is saying they dont have it in stock... not that i'm discrediting you guys, but i'd just hope big companies like argos and currys were honest with their customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.