PDA

View Full Version : iPod nano issues? (screen tilt, loose clickwheel)

storage
Sep 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
I'm about to buy an iPod nano, and I just want to know if there are any widespread issues. I've read about loose clickwheels, dead pixels and titled screens. Are there any other major issues?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day :).

Edit: Damn! I made the wrong kind of poll, what a failure! :(

bigbadnewill
Sep 24, 2007, 06:18 PM
I have a slightly tilted screen, still debating whether to get it replaced or not. If it was my classic, or touch then it wuldn't be a question....but since i got my nano for running and hardly ever look at my screen i am 50/50 as to get it replaced.

Besides the slight tilt though, it's a fab machine, very impressive!!

iNeko
Sep 24, 2007, 06:21 PM
my screen is tilted, but it's a fraction of a millimetre so I'm not too fussed, plus it's only noticeable if I actually look for it. The nano is a fantastic device, you won't be disappointed :)

Zadiek
Sep 25, 2007, 12:58 PM
Mine is very slightly tilted. It kinda bugs me. Haven't decided if I will try to exchange it yet. I am VERY picky though.

CHAOS STEP
Sep 25, 2007, 04:18 PM
I got a RED 2G nano back in Feb and thought the design was awesome.

When the new nano's were shown, i though they looked awful from first glance.

Having played with one at the Apple store i knew I had to get one, so I went for a silver one.

Now I absolutely totally adore the little beauty, it's a cracker!

I look at my old nano now and it looks too thick and awkward looking (still a great device though).

Only problem is that I have a dead pixel - my first ever iPod problem :(

I should be exchanging it tomorrow with any luck.

Once you see the pixel you can't not see it, or you specifically focus on it :(

Tim117
Sep 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
Absolutely none.

benoitgphoto
Sep 26, 2007, 04:44 PM
Mine is very slightly tilted by a fraction of a mm that I wouldn't probably noticed if I haven't read here and I'm pretty perfectionist for my electronic stuff. However I was in the Apple store this week and looked at demos nano and some are very tilted. So I would recommend that you check the product before getting out of the store.

Also, there are a few bugs with cover flow but I'm pretty confident that it's gonna be fixed by software update in a near future.

mpuck972
Sep 26, 2007, 05:42 PM
My 160gb Classic had a loose clickwheel, and I was told by a apple geek at the store that "Some of the new iPods are just assembled that way".

SactoGuy18
Sep 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
My biggest issues initially were:

1) The battery level indicator was woefully pessimistic.

2) The player crashed occasionally playing long videos.

3) iTunes 7.4.1 would crash whenever I plugged in the player.

Fortunately, upgrading the nano's firmware to 1.0.1 and upgrading to iTunes 7.4.2 fixed both problems. :D

CHAOS STEP
Sep 29, 2007, 12:08 PM
I got a RED 2G nano back in Feb and thought the design was awesome.

When the new nano's were shown, i though they looked awful from first glance.

Having played with one at the Apple store i knew I had to get one, so I went for a silver one.

Now I absolutely totally adore the little beauty, it's a cracker!

I look at my old nano now and it looks too thick and awkward looking (still a great device though).

Only problem is that I have a dead pixel - my first ever iPod problem :(

I should be exchanging it tomorrow with any luck.

Once you see the pixel you can't not see it, or you specifically focus on it :(

*Update

I exchanged it and guess what, another dead pixel! It also had some marks on it.

I took this one back and the third one was fine, phew, although the centre button is a bit vague in that you have to push it dead centre to work it.