PDA

View Full Version : display help

Splendid
Aug 24, 2003, 02:05 AM
hey guys,

Ive been saving up all summer and i nearly have enough money for the dual processor g5. what i cant make my mind up about is what display to get with it. I am currently thinking of getting the 17" apple tft display from a refurbished store (either apple or anouther liscenced store) where i can get it for about 400. Does anyone have any advice about good tft monitors to get, and if there are any good cheaper models avalible (im pretty tight on cash after getting the cpu). I will be mainly using the computer for music production and will be looking to get a second monitor within a year or so when i have more money. Im also hoping that the price of the apple displays will come down when they release the next range of monitors...any ideas if this will be soon?

thanks a lot

splen

iJon
Aug 24, 2003, 02:44 AM
well apple does make a hell of a monitor, but many times they arent worth the money because many pepople cant tel the difference between another LCD. Formac is who i would go with if you are looking for a little bit cheaper with the same unique apple look. Samsung probably makes some of the best monitors and have always been happy, their flat panels look great on OS X, crappy on XP. Also, you may not believe it but Dell makes an aweosme monitor, and if you catch them on the right day you can get a lot of money taken off.

iJon

solvs
Aug 24, 2003, 03:08 AM
You could always buy a CRT for now, and save up for an LCD later, Apple or not. You can get a nice 19" for ~$200 at someplace like NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com) and load up on RAM with the left over savings.