PDA

View Full Version : Who else is waiting to get a new iPod until all the kinks seemed worked out...

LLPE33
Sep 24, 2007, 10:36 PM
even though it's freakin' KILLING them to currently be without one?

My 4G 60GB photo died several months ago. First I was broke, then I had cash and couldn't decide between getting a nano and a regular iPod, then all the news about the new ones really started circulating, then I was broke. Following that the new ones were annonced/released which led to a period of waffling between getting a 3G 8GB nano and the touch, then I wanted a touch, then I wanted it to be 32GB before spending $400 bucks (and there was still the wait), then I was broke again. I had decided to go with the 16GB touch, but the screen issues and investment caused pause. Now I'm leaning toward a RED nano, but the sluggish UI and tilted screen are making me leary.Obviously the first phase was months in the making while the second phase has been weeks to days in the making...

Anyway who else is waiting/waffling and for how long?

LLPE33
Sep 25, 2007, 06:33 AM
me good grammar have

richkent72
Sep 25, 2007, 07:06 AM
Seeing as you are regularly broke, is spending a lot of money on a unnecessary luxury item a good idea? ;)

LLPE33
Sep 25, 2007, 04:26 PM
Seeing as you are regularly broke, is spending a lot of money on a unnecessary luxury item a good idea? ;)

I overstate my brokedness. I'm one of those folks that is more likely to spend money than save it, or at least go 50/50 (save half and spend the other). So $150 or $200 that was there the first week of the month won't be there a week or two later. It will get spent on something that won't be used as often or last as long as the iPod. I listen to most of my music on the move. mt 100GB collection is already ripped in 128kps AAC files and I don't want to bump it up to 192 mp3 (too much space for on the go listening) or switch to 128 mp3 (just further compromising/erroding the sound quality of an already overly compressed file).

So for my preferences the iPod nano is a good fit. I had a 4G 60GB photo that crapped out (after getting two replacements before Apple Care ran out) so while I just had a run of bad luck I'm forever leary of HD based players. I'll definitely get one anywhere from the next few weeks to the next few months, it's just that I hoping to avoid any of the various issues plaguing the line right now...

LLPE33
Sep 25, 2007, 04:32 PM

Also, I'm a serious music junky. I used to have aspiration of being a professional musician, but spent too much time just listening to great music and not enough practicing or creating my own. Music is my greatest vice, so anything having to do with music is hardly "unnecessary" or a "luxury." It's needed like a fish needs water and we need air.;)