Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I was just curious on how long it would stay in this state once it actually changes... im still in not yet shipped and i ordered at 3 PM Central, on the 21st... thanks :)

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
I was just curious on how long it would stay in this state once it actually changes... im still in not yet shipped and i ordered at 3 PM Central, on the 21st... thanks :)

mine has been in the "prepared" state for two days....hopefully it will ship out tomorrow!...but you have a while to wait...i have a feeling they won't ship out on the 28th i ordered on the 7th at 2:15PM but it has differed between people...

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
mine has been in the "prepared" state for two days....hopefully it will ship out tomorrow!...but you have a while to wait...i have a feeling they won't ship out on the 28th i ordered on the 7th at 2:15PM but it has differed between people...

and if they do that i can guarantee you that I will be getting a discount or expidite shipping or something,:mad: bc although I did order mine later than a lot of other people, at the time I ordered it still said ships BY the 28th so the morning of the 29th if nothing happens, they will be getting a call from me as soon as they "open"...... 1800-my-apple ....right?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
and if they do that i can guarantee you that I will be getting a discount or expidite shipping or something,:mad: bc although I did order mine later than a lot of other people, at the time I ordered it still said ships BY the 28th so the morning of the 29th if nothing happens, they will be getting a call from me as soon as they "open"...... 1800-my-apple ....right?

Thats exactly what i was gonna do! but then it changed...i was mustering up a nice chewing-out speach, but then it changed to "prepared"...hopefully they will not screw you over with not shipping it out on the 28th...

and yes the number is 1-800-MY-APPLE :apple:

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
Apple has lots of these prepared for shipment. What they do is they wait until they have a full plane, or whatever designated space they have on a plane, and then they will ship. That is why they get such a good price on shipping from FedEx. The more people that have the prepared for shipment status, the better chances of it actually shipping. This is called something like IP DIRECT SHIPMENT. or something like that. That way it also goes through customs A LOT faster. Also that is why there is a date range of when it will arrive. Usually if you get the email in the morning (which is China's evening) that it shipped. It is usally 2, sometimes 3 days, after that email when it will arrive.

Quickdood

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
Mine just turned to prepared to ship today, I ordered it yesterday... Hope it ships soon! I would like to have it by next week!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.