Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diavolo770

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I'm currenty at 242 MB on the firmware download and eagerly awaiting it to finish. Has anyone else run the update and if so, did you notice anything noticeably new?

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
I'm currenty at 242 MB on the firmware download and eagerly awaiting it to finish. Has anyone else run the update and if so, did you notice anything noticeably new?

sorry i dont know, but im really glad this is happening, (EVEN THO i dont have mine yet) maybe a safari fix or something....hopefully something noticable...:D

diavolo770

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I'm running 1.1 as well, but when I went to hit "restore" from iTunes, it asked if I wanted to update before the restore. I hit yes, and now I'm downloading [hopefully] new firmware.

diavolo770

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Ok, well, a little perturbed. My Touch still says that it is on firmware 1.1 even after the download and restore.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
i dont think there is a real patch out... maybe the 1.1 saying its 1.0 is an actual bug that needs to be fixed in 1.2

thoughts?

dampwall

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
my touch i stuck in restore mode and it seems that it impossible for me to restore it, right now itues say itunes is occupied working with dowloading restore to ipod, but nothings happeing, and before that i tried another computer there i didnt get so far, it just said the software can not be restored becaucse lack of memory (not exactly but in general, mine is on swedish)

and one last question why dont it work with vista 64?

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
Not trying to be a jerk, but I really can't interpret that

anyone know why it doesnt work in vista 64?

sorry

itunes has a specific OS version check that blocks out 'unsupported' operating systems from using itouch/iphone. AFAIK it still works fine on all other ipods.

As far as I can tell there's no kernel component to the ipod connectivity so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, since 32/64bit translation is largely transparent on Windows, but you'd have to get past that error box.. I was going to have a go at the weekend but never got around to it (not enough motivation as the mini suffices as an itunes host for now).

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
itunes has a specific OS version check that blocks out 'unsupported' operating systems from using itouch/iphone. AFAIK it still works fine on all other ipods.

As far as I can tell there's no kernel component to the ipod connectivity so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, since 32/64bit translation is largely transparent on Windows, but you'd have to get past that error box.. I was going to have a go at the weekend but never got around to it (not enough motivation as the mini suffices as an itunes host for now).

haha, me saying ' anyone know why it wont work in vista 64' was me trying to interpret the question the other guy asked, not a specific question of my own.

nonetheless, thanks!
Arisian

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
its been out since the touch was released last week, you just have to click restore to get it, I havnt noticed any difference at all and I have had it for a week, safari still crashes, etc.

sizetwo

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2006
and one last question why dont it work with vista 64?

I read that it has to do with memory management issues. Keep in mind that a 32bit operating system deals with memory management different than a 64bit one. However, I think its merely a poor design and lazy programming from Apple's side. I am thoroughly disappointed that they still have not been able to sort this out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.