PDA

View Full Version : TV Show Artwork Problem

0sX Le0p4rD
Sep 25, 2007, 10:02 PM
So instead of showing different artwork for each individual season, when I put my "TV Shows" section of iTunes into Coverflow every episode of every season is represented by the same album artwork. For example, when I select an episode from the third season of LOST the second season artwork appears instead of the third. It didn't use to be this way. How can I fix this problem? Even though it's not really that big of a deal, it's kind of frustrating and I like browsing everything I own in iTunes in Coverflow.

0sX Le0p4rD
Sep 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
Nobody knows how to fix this problem?

0sX Le0p4rD
Oct 16, 2007, 10:34 PM
I still haven't found a fix to this problem!

It's so annoying! I want different artwork for each individual season!

NotAnotherSN
Oct 18, 2007, 02:31 PM
Are your TV shows marked as more than one season? If not, try to fix that.

RumMunkey
Oct 18, 2007, 06:51 PM
Shift-select all the episodes in a season.

Right-click and take "Get Info".

Drag your desired art to the little white "Artwork" square.

Hit "OK".

Repeat for episodes in the next season.

http://myskitch.com/scottcoates/multiple_item_information-20071018-194807.jpg

Also, take a look at your "artwork" tab for a single episode (Get Info -> Select Artwork Tab). If you've been dragging art to the main Artwork window in iTunes (without shift-selecting multiple episodes first) your art is added as "secondary" art. You can delete the default images here until only yours remains.

However, for some reason if you shift-select multiple episodes first THEN add art, it overwrites the existing art... don't ask me why.

jon31rm
Oct 19, 2007, 12:36 AM
I'm having the same issue at the moment. I've got the tv shows "show" column all the same (Family Guy), yet the "album" columns are specific to the season, or volume number (Family Guy, Volume 1, etc.).

All seasons have their own artwork, but in coverflow, only one shows up.

If anyone knows how to fix this without retitling the show names (which will fix this, by the way, i just don't like all the different show names on my ipod), please let us know.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7527/picture1fk7.png

RumMunkey
Oct 19, 2007, 06:44 AM
You can change the art using the method I described above, but it still won't work in Coverflow. I think Coverflow picks off the first art it sees in the "show" and assumes that's for the entire series so it shows you that.

This is why I changed my art to just screen caps of the opening titles rather than the box art for the DVD release. At least that's common to the entire series (usually, anyway).

jmpage2
Oct 22, 2007, 06:24 PM
Same problem here, the artwork is shown correctly in the little mini browser deal but never in any of the other views... they always just show artwork from the first season added, even if multiple seasons each have their own artwork per episode.

Definitely annoying.

0sX Le0p4rD
Oct 22, 2007, 10:40 PM
You can change the art using the method I described above, but it still won't work in Coverflow. I think Coverflow picks off the first art it sees in the "show" and assumes that's for the entire series so it shows you that.

This is why I changed my art to just screen caps of the opening titles rather than the box art for the DVD release. At least that's common to the entire series (usually, anyway).

It didn't used to be this way though.. It's almost like it's a bug or something... It's really strange.. Not only is it like this in "Coverflow" but it's also like this in "grouped with artwork"..

Something like this shouldn't annoy me, but it definitely does..

krissvl
Dec 9, 2007, 03:36 AM
It didn't used to be this way though.. It's almost like it's a bug or something... It's really strange.. Not only is it like this in "Coverflow" but it's also like this in "grouped with artwork"..

Something like this shouldn't annoy me, but it definitely does..

anyone know how to tag .mov files with artwork or will it only work on .MP4?

0sX Le0p4rD
Dec 9, 2007, 10:06 AM
I've still got this problem but I'll learn to live with it.

jensepollense
Dec 9, 2007, 12:43 PM
yea im definitely annoyed by this as well
hopefully itunes 8 or whatever will address this problem