PDA

View Full Version : Powermac G4 M8570 + verax M12 CANT FIT! HELP

Kaiser Phoenix
Sep 26, 2007, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I posted a topic while back about buying a PowermacG4 for 90 quid.

Now I bought these off PC Silent:

The Verax M10 and Verax M12. CPU and Powersupply fans.

While the M10 fitted perfectly, I cant get the M12 to fit mainly because in the instruction, it seems that I am supposed to screw in the nails of the fans to the 'wall' of the powermac but it seems that my powermac does not have 'grills' if you know what i mean. It is just a solid piece of steel and does not have any holes whatsoever to screw anything in. This means that the fan cant be installed securely...Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks in advance...

AlexMaximus
Sep 30, 2007, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I posted a topic while back about buying a PowermacG4 for 90 quid.

Now I bought these off PC Silent:

The Verax M10 and Verax M12. CPU and Powersupply fans.

While the M10 fitted perfectly, I cant get the M12 to fit mainly because in the instruction, it seems that I am supposed to screw in the nails of the fans to the 'wall' of the powermac but it seems that my powermac does not have 'grills' if you know what i mean. It is just a solid piece of steel and does not have any holes whatsoever to screw anything in. This means that the fan cant be installed securely...Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks in advance...

Hi there,

I had the same problem. The M12 I think is the 80mm verax fan for the power supply, right? It replaces the two crappy delta 60mm fans. When you have the whole thing apart and you want to screw the aluminium part back on, there should be a backwall with several holes for you fastening screw. Unfortunately the latest G4 models came with a changed backwall, so you have the modell like I have without holes. What you do is to mark the hole with a black marker and drill that hole yourself. After that you need to take the plastic wall off to fasten the nut on the backside.
The good thing is you have the best G4 ever produced. The mentioned number idicate you have Dual G4 1,42.

happy drilling

Kaiser Phoenix
Sep 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
Hi thank you very much for your reply. I also asked tech support at PC Silent and they also told me the same thing...

Well im not quite confident about drilling the holes but I may give it a try.

Thank you very much!