PDA

View Full Version : Price drop around Holiday season?

TemeculaMac
Sep 26, 2007, 04:39 PM
Hi,
My daughter wants an iPod shuffle for Christmas (must be green). Does Apple typically drop the prices around the holiday season, or have any kind of promotions? If not, I'll go ahead and buy one...to get this present out of the way.

I love the Breast Cancer promotion going on, and only wished my daughter would be okay with pink. I'd love to contribute the cause, plus get an extra $15 worth of itune songs. If I can't sway her into pink...then I'll need to purchase a green one.

Many thanks,
Gary

Tibwolf
Sep 26, 2007, 05:30 PM
The only times I've seen Apple lower their prices were when new products were announced.

I would say that purchasing a shuffle now is a safe decision

alljunks
Sep 26, 2007, 05:50 PM
i dont think there is too much room to drop......

phungy
Sep 26, 2007, 05:58 PM
There's a chance but its very slim. I doubt Apple will lower the price, better find some coupons :)

Tom B.
Sep 26, 2007, 06:10 PM
Probably not. It's not exactly high at the moment though. Check Apple's refurb store from time to time and they might have some shuffles for $49.

Anyway, if your daughter wants green, which green?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/1338272078_d2ca048b9c_o.jpg
New at the top, old at the bottom.

Luigi239
Sep 26, 2007, 06:31 PM
You could buy now, as I doubt the price will drop, but something you ought to remember is that the warranty starts the day you purchase it, so if you buy it now, your daughter will be missing out on three months of warranty, and if something goes wrong, you can't exchange it.

For that reason, I would wait.

ivi7
Sep 26, 2007, 06:51 PM
Apple has already dropped the prices for some of its products in regards to the holiday season so I highly doubt the ipod prices going down further before christmas.

PlaceofDis
Sep 26, 2007, 06:58 PM
apple doesn't have 'sales' or price drops unless new products are announced, and they've already been announced.

the closest thing to a sale that they have is on 'black friday' but i don't think it includes ipods.

TemeculaMac
Sep 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Although I don't consider the pricing too high, I do think it is for a child. I know everyone feels differently, but I'm not the type that buys my kids every gaming console...electronic device...phone...or whatever else is the fad. So, $79 too high? - not really. Just wanted to know if Apple typically lowers the prices around Christmas.

The reply that stuck with me the most, was the fact that I'd be missing out on 3 months of warantee. For this reason, it seems to make the most sense to wait until the first week of Dec to buy it. If prices stay the same, then at least I'll have a few extra months of that warantee.

Many thanks for all the replies - I really appreciate it!

Gary

marioman38
Sep 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, on black friday, i believe iPods are included, but not the shuffle. Only a slight discount. (like 5% or something) it adds up on something like a MBP purchase though. I'm sure she wouldn't mind one of them ;)

MattyMac
Sep 26, 2007, 07:45 PM
You could buy now, as I doubt the price will drop, but something you ought to remember is that the warranty starts the day you purchase it, so if you buy it now, your daughter will be missing out on three months of warranty, and if something goes wrong, you can't exchange it.

For that reason, I would wait.

Very good point!