Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
Do you guys know if OSX supports three monitors display?

I just switched over from pc and decided to take the monitors from that pc and hook it up to my PowerMac G4 MDD(mirror drive door) w/ dual 1.25ghz processors.

The video card I hooked up was a:
"PCI" Nvidia GeForce FX 5200.
It says that my model mac is compatible w/ geforce cards 4 and UP and
The mac actually recognizes the card, but the monitor hooked up to it will not display anything. Even after I tell it to Detect Dispays.

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
Do you guys know if OSX supports three monitors display?

I just switched over from pc and decided to take the monitors from that pc and hook it up to my PowerMac G4 MDD(mirror drive door) w/ dual 1.25ghz processors.

The video card I hooked up was a:
"PCI" Nvidia GeForce FX 5200.
It says that my model mac is compatible w/ geforce cards 4 and UP and
The mac actually recognizes the card, but the monitor hooked up to it will not display anything. Even after I tell it to Detect Dispays.

OS X can use as many monitors as you can hook up as long as the cards work and have the proper drivers installed. In fact the mac os had this long before windows did.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
I never had to install drivers on a mac, how do I do that?

or

Is there something I have to do to the nvidia geforce fx 5200 128 mb?

cut off pins or something? to get it to work w/ the G4?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Does it have the Mac ROM burned on it?

The PPC Macs don't run the same endian as the Intel Macs and PCs -- so a Mac ROM was actually needed -- and the reason for the Mac Edition Video cards.

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
You can possibly flash the card with a Mac rom. Check out strange dogs. You'll probably have to google it, I think they moved their site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.