Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brereton55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Anyone's order from Amazon ship the lady I talked to from Amazon is useless :(

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Amazon as a whole is useless...I ordered headphones from them last week and their "seller" cancelled after they charged my card so I have a hold on my credit account and no headphones....that was only $60 I hope they don't get you for the full amount of your iPt:eek:

bamf77

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2007
i too ordered from amazon, it is going to ship out september 28 so you should recieve it anytime the next week after that we can start to complain :mad:

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
About 5 minutes ago I placed an order on Amazon for the 8gb iPod Touch ($249 after $50 giftcard from the last holiday season and two-day shipping!).

As of right now, the ship date is 10/1 with an estimated delivery date of 10/3 to Austin, Texas.

I'll report back on any status changes.

The Barton Creek Apple Store in Austin had a lot in stock this evening (8gb and 16gb). The store at the Domain is sold out, but they get "some" each morning at 11 a.m. but sell out quickly. I ordered on Amazon to use my $50 gift code.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Sooo glad I cancelled my Amazon order. Target is $359 + tax - 4.4% Fat Cash if you place the order through fatwallet.com link.

Much better deal in my opinion.

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
Mine still has an Estimated delivery of today and estimated arrival of tomorrow.

There has been no change in that.

They did change the availability of the Touch on their website from released on September 30th to ships in 1 to 2 months so that has me a bit worried:(

PurpleShaman

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
i called them and this woman said its on the way already....but i dont see any tracking # or info about it being shipped...sigh

PurpleShaman

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
alright this is starting to get annoying.....still the same

just shipped! cant wait to get it (hopefully on wednesday)

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
My ship date has now been pushed back a week. Expected delivery is 10/8.

I'm not confident it will even ship then since the product description page is listing a wait of 1 month or more. I may just cancel the order.

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
My ship date has now been pushed back a week. Expected delivery is 10/8.

I'm not confident it will even ship then since the product description page is listing a wait of 1 month or more. I may just cancel the order.

Hey yeah that the same exact thing mine says. I hope it does come then, or else I'll just cancel and go to Best Buy.

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
I just canceled my order from Amazon. I see little evidence that this won't continue to be delayed. Several local Best Buys have a lot of Touches in stock, but I'm morally and ethically opposed to shopping there after a few horrible experiences.

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
I have faith that it will ship on Friday for some strange reason. If it doesn't ship Friday though, no doubt that I will cancel. I'm going to be near a Best Buy on Monday so I'll pick one up then. But I do think they will ship Friday.

tefleming

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2006
ATL
Got mine from Amazon yesterday - I ordered it right after the announcement with overnight shipping (still less than Apple Store with tax).

Mine's a week 38, best I can tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.