Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
Hey!
I rang Apple today regarding my week 37 ipod, and good news, they have offered to exchange it!
Just one quick question though, how likely is it I will get a week 38/39 in return?

hdhanani

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Hey!
I rang Apple today regarding my week 37 ipod, and good news, they have offered to exchange it!
Just one quick question though, how likely is it I will get a week 38/39 in return?

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 meaning "very unlikely" and 10 meaning "very likely" I would probably put it on a 9 because almost all the IPTs being shipped now are 38 or above.... if I'm wrong who cares... my damn IPT hasn't shipped yet... but it will tomorrow... hopefully :(

Srestrepo

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
I am doing the same currently. I sent my ipod touch back to apple care service (they sent me a dhl box). Basically if they see your screen is bad they will send you from China may take 2-3 days tops. :apple:

Tommyzors

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
I had mine exchanged at a local Apple store. I actually had to wait a few days before the stock came in, and when I went in last Saturday I was given a Week 37. As soon as I tested it I seen the difference, the negative screen issue is fixed on mine.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
The update that Apple release today for the Touch has fixed the negative screen issue, and now, I have a repair pending, which is pointless and a waste of time. If I called Apple Support tomorrow, would they cancel the repair? I have not recieved the empty box to put my iPod in yet...

mithykal

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
The update that Apple release today for the Touch has fixed the negative screen issue, and now, I have a repair pending, which is pointless and a waste of time. If I called Apple Support tomorrow, would they cancel the repair? I have not recieved the empty box to put my iPod in yet...

If you dont send it back in a certain amount of days i think the repair order gets cancelled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.