PDA

View Full Version : Apple.com now changed to promote Macromedia Studio MX 2004

MacBytes
Aug 25, 2003, 11:05 PM
Category: Mac Websites
Link: Apple.com now changed to promote Macromedia Studio MX 2004 (http://www.apple.com)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

mac15
Aug 25, 2003, 11:43 PM
I hope there are major speed improvements in Dreamweaver with this update and its good to see apple still gets behind its major developers

Freg3000
Aug 25, 2003, 11:57 PM
What is up with the Freehand box being totally out of sync with the three other boxes. That is really weird.

kzoonut
Aug 26, 2003, 12:24 AM
Guess that means no powerbook updates tomorrow...or anytime this week. Looking more and more like we'll have to wait until the Paris expo for any hardware updates - but with the leader giving the keynote, maybe we'll be in for something good. Remember all the rumors about this being a great holiday season for Mac folks? Since they missed the boat on the back to school season, maybe the Paris expo is the kickoff for the holiday season..

shecky
Aug 26, 2003, 12:27 AM
i tend to agree - i think Paris expo will see an announcement. too bad i simply can't wait that long.

academic pricing of Studio MX 2004 still at $199. schweeeeeeeeeet.

Mudbug
Aug 26, 2003, 12:27 AM
freehand isn't getting a 2004 update, so the box won't change. It just got a major overhaul from 10, so it's good for a while
Even non-updated, it still beats the tar out of illustrator.

Freg3000
Aug 26, 2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Mudbug
freehand isn't getting a 2004 update, so the box won't change. It just got a major overhaul from 10, so it's good for a while

Major overhaul in terms of what. I just don't see the logic. If it was a big update (even if there were no additions to the program) why couldn't they give it a 2004 designation like the other products.

Sorry, I just strive for continuity. :)

Mr. Anderson
Aug 26, 2003, 06:15 AM
Well, its nice to see Apple doing that - but I really hope that the performance for Flash on macs gets a little closer to what you get on a PC with this release.

Look forward to getting the upgrade. :D

D

eyelikeart
Aug 26, 2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Mudbug

hmm...I'll have to catch up to u on chat for this one... ;)

Since starting my new job, I've developed a love for Illustrator...I was a Freehand user for 4 years prior. I do feel each has their strengths though, but I go for AI now before thinking about Freehand.

Mr. Anderson
Aug 26, 2003, 06:56 AM
I've always used Illustrator - but I'm really interested in the compatibility with Flash, so I've been sorely tempted to get Freehand.

Just another app to back into an already over crowded brain :D

D

eyelikeart
Aug 26, 2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Just another app to back into an already over crowded brain :D

hehe yeah...tell me about it... ;)

most of the reason why I don't learn much on new programs anymore is I just don't have the time...I wish I did though...

Mr. Anderson
Aug 26, 2003, 07:04 AM
Well, it all comes down to learning a new app or getting work done.....pain in the ass, but sometimes you need to. That's what I did with Flash and I'm glad I did.

I think with Freehand I won't have to become a master, just know what I'm doing to get the compatibility that I'd like with Flash. Flash isn't as good with Illustrator....

D

Jerry Spoon
Aug 26, 2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by shecky
academic pricing of Studio MX 2004 still at $199. schweeeeeeeeeet.

Just made my day! I was questioning whether or not I was going to upgrade, but I think I'm on board if my budget can take it.

bennetsaysargh
Aug 26, 2003, 09:02 AM
ok, so no new anything from apple this week.
but there is still sigraph, photoshop, and apple expo paris.
that's 3 major events that pple might be at.

panther might come at apple expo, and powerbooks might come at siggraph or photoshop.

Mr. Anderson
Aug 26, 2003, 09:13 AM
I thought Siggraph was already over last month....

so we never saw anything for that. And from reports, only Pixar had a G5 at the show.

http://www.siggraph.org/s2003/

D

bennetsaysargh
Aug 26, 2003, 09:42 AM
oops.
sorry 'bout that. isn't there supposed to be another expo?

Mr. Anderson
Aug 26, 2003, 09:51 AM
Nothing really big that I know of - even at Apple they don't have much

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

right hand sidebar...

D