PDA

View Full Version : Is my iPod touch broken?

ClassicBean
Sep 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
Every so often, when I plug in my iPod touch, iTunes "updates" six or so songs, copying them or doing something (who knows).

It doesn't do this every time I plug in the iPod - probably every other time.

Please note that I have one playlist synched featuring only the songs I want.

Any idea what gives?

Peace.

haiggy
Sep 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
Every so often, when I plug in my iPod touch, iTunes "updates" six or so songs, copying them or doing something (who knows).

It doesn't do this every time I plug in the iPod - probably every other time.

Please note that I have one playlist synched featuring only the songs I want.

Any idea what gives?

Peace.

Do you slide the bar across the bottom of the touch screen when you plug it in? That cancels the sync. I did that the first time I got my iPod too. It says "Slide to cancel" right on it. You'd think I would have read that :rolleyes:

ClassicBean
Sep 27, 2007, 07:01 PM
I don't slide the bar, but now I realize that it may have something to do with automatically synching. Still not sure why though.

Anyway, I didn't realize you could manually manage your music, lol. I was so used to the Apple TV way of doing things that I didn't know you could physically drag and drop individual songs if you wanted to.

So much better.

RumMunkey
Sep 28, 2007, 10:19 AM
I get this too!

Thing is, I think it's something to do with the songs because it started doing it on my 5G iPod (I'm 99% sure).

Anyway, as soon as I plug in my touch, it says "syncing songs to iScott touch..." and I can see the same 4 or 5 songs sync to the iPod every time.

It's really weird because those songs are already on my iPod and I made no changes to the songs themselves (tags or art or anything) so there's really no reason for it to be re-syncing only these songs each and every time.

Thing is, the songs play just fine on the iPod & in iTunes, so I don't know what the problem is with them. I've been meaning to jot down the songs that keep doing this and re-encode them and see if that makes it stop.

ClassicBean
Sep 28, 2007, 10:37 AM
I've been meaning to jot down the songs that keep doing this and re-encode them and see if that makes it stop.

Prior to opting to manage my music manually, I ended up deleted those 6 songs to see if it would stop. The iPod just grabbed another 5 or 6 songs to semi-constantly update.

RumMunkey
Sep 28, 2007, 07:45 PM
Weird. Thanks though, I won't bother easting my time to reencode.

I mentioned this to a friend and he said "Oh yeah, I've had that happen", so maybe it's no big deal.

ds252
Sep 28, 2007, 10:04 PM
Happens to me too.

cmcbridejr
Sep 28, 2007, 11:50 PM
Dude, your iPod is totally broken.

Take it back, get your money back, and get a really cool pink Zune.

Mal
Sep 28, 2007, 11:58 PM
I wonder if it's updating play counts or something. Still doesn't make sense it'd only do five or six though. Weird, I've never had a problem like that with my iPods, though I don't have a touch.

jW