Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phtosynthesis

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Ok, well, i'm getting a new iMac when they start shipping with Leopard. I'm getting the 20", 2.0GHz basic one. When the game Spore comes out, its not going to be released right away for Mac, so i'll get it for Windows. My question is, will Windows run fast enough on my Mac so I can play the game? I'm not doing hardcore gaming and I know Spore shouldn't be too graphics heavy, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy the game.

redraidermacman

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Ok, well, i'm getting a new iMac when they start shipping with Leopard. I'm getting the 20", 2.0GHz basic one. When the game Spore comes out, its not going to be released right away for Mac, so i'll get it for Windows. My question is, will Windows run fast enough on my Mac so I can play the game? I'm not doing hardcore gaming and I know Spore shouldn't be too graphics heavy, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy the game.

should be in bootcamp but, the next step would be a lot better considering the gpu in it is a lot more advanced and the processor is actually a lot faster

richorlin

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
Basic iMac Good Enough - Not!

For $300 extra you won't regret getting the 2.4ghz iMac. The video is so much better because it's a better GPU and twice the memory. Don't cheat yourself and regret it later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.