PDA

View Full Version : CNET reveals more evidence for iTMS Rentals

TheTrueAPlus
Sep 27, 2007, 11:09 PM
Today's Buzz Out Loud podcast (#570) had a caller state that his computer's clock was set wrong (into the future) and the iTMS wouldn't connect. I tried it and I couldn't connect either. iTunes gives me error 11333.

Could this be another sign of the rental store? :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like I bought an iPod touch at the right time!

Stampyhead
Sep 28, 2007, 12:31 AM
Today's Buzz Out Loud podcast (#570) had a caller state that his computer's clock was set wrong (into the future) and the iTMS wouldn't connect. I tried it and I couldn't connect either. iTunes gives me error 11333.

Could this be another sign of the rental store? :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like I bought an iPod touch at the right time!

Sorry, I must be missing something here. What does the computer's clock being set wrong have to do with movie rentals?

Nermal
Sep 28, 2007, 12:59 AM
Rentals would have an expiry date, so your system clock would need to be correct.

pilotError
Sep 28, 2007, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't count on anything until Leopard ships.

That type of DRM would have to be built into the OS level, or you could just run the video with different software.

With Leopard so close, I wouldn't expect to see anything before the November timeframe.

But then again I could be wrong! :D

Phobophobia
Sep 28, 2007, 08:32 AM
Something tells me that we aren't done with announcements for the Christmas season yet.

mkrishnan
Sep 28, 2007, 08:44 AM
It ain't called Time Machine for nothing! :eek:

I personally don't see this as terribly compelling evidence. However, I think video rental makes tons of sense and I really hope they do it.

psychofreak
Sep 28, 2007, 08:48 AM
It ain't called Time Machine for nothing! :eek:

I personally don't see this as terribly compelling evidence. However, I think video rental makes tons of sense and I really hope they do it.

It would be especially cool if you could rent from the Apple TV...

JPark
Sep 28, 2007, 09:40 AM
Hmm...it's pretty weak evidence, but it is something. I wonder if this was true of previous versions of iTunes?
Another (perhaps stronger) piece of evidence is the change in video out on the iPods. And a few weeks back there was some text found in the iTunes warnings that referenced rentals. I hope it's all true. The appleTv will finally make sense.

Scarpad
Sep 28, 2007, 11:29 AM
Apple TV will get the Itunes store at some point, then maybe they'll add video DL's to the touch's and Phones

Shorties
Sep 28, 2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know if this even could be considered evidence, iTunes has done that as long as I have had it (A couple years) why? I don't know but whenever you have your time off official time it has problems.

ivi7
Sep 28, 2007, 11:37 AM
I got the itunes error too but it wasn't because of my clock being wrong. My prefernces folder in the library of my user account was corrupt. Once I rebuilt it everything ran smoothly.