PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of replacement advice please!

MagicWok
Sep 28, 2007, 04:49 AM
Hi folks.

This is the situation, I have one of my Touch's out for 'replacement/service' to Apple Care today.

I called up yesterday and just received the package to send it back to Apple by courier, and I was all set to send it back and look to get a Week 38+ model. I'm a bit of a dilemma now after the recent update.

I do have a week 37 Touch, and it had the negative contrast issue. The recent update/firmware helped the contrast issues a lot and it looks pretty good. However it is still just a tad short off some of the good Week 38 models I have seen...

Now I can return the iPod, hoping that I get a week 38 model - which like most I would rather have a better working model that didn't require a software fix to the screen (the most important part of the touch!) in the first place, after spending a fair bit of money on it. I'd much rather have working hardware in the first place.

However... the touch I have in my possession right now, has no crash issues and 0 dead pixels.

I'd really like to take the opportunity to grab a week 38 model hopefully, but I'm slightly leaning to the side not to return it as the touch and avoid entering the possible realms of been sucked into problems with the return product. What I have at the moment is good that I could live with it, if I had no other choice. But I do have a choice now, and having spent a fair bit o cash I'd like things to be right with no regrets. I'm just like all Apple users, we want it to be 100% all the time, every time :p

Help!

mithykal
Sep 28, 2007, 05:15 AM
you have an ipod touch which as you say is fully functional apart from the screen, you can make it fully functional with an update, then you will have a working iPod touch in your hands, without sending your current one away and waiting from a new one and then the possibilty of this new one having a defect, be it pixels, crashes or whatever.
I dont see what your problem is, just update! :rolleyes:

lionsnwings
Sep 28, 2007, 10:06 AM
I would keep what you have. :cool:
I belive the fix that Apple put in place between weeks 37 and 38 was software related. If it was hardware, there would have been a delay in shipping the touch, which there was not.
The update fixed my screen and now I have noticed 4 dead pixels.
Mine is going back today (assuming the Apple store has them in stock for exchange).