Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gormond

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hey,

I was wondering if Apple keep stock of the top model iMacs or are they built to spec like the customised models?

Cheers,

Gormond

gormond

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
they usually keep them stock. Its easier to set them up that way

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit you know...

It was a serious question, the top model gives no cost advantage over a customised second top model so I thought maybe Apple only keep the other 3 models in stock.

ParishM

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
Naples, Fl

It was a serious question, the top model gives no cost advantage over a customised second top model so I thought maybe Apple only keep the other 3 models in stock.

but the stock models can be returned and exchanged where as a CTO can't.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!

In this case, I think I must have misinterpreted your question.

If you are referring to the 2.8GHz iMacs, I imagine they would be built to spec, as there would be only a few of them sold, and they would take up valuable space in warehouses.

gormond

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
In this case, I think I must have misinterpreted your question.

If you are referring to the 2.8GHz iMacs, I imagine they would be built to spec, as there would be only a few of them sold, and they would take up valuable space in warehouses.

Indeed I was referring to the "top model" that they have listed on the Apple website.

If they kept it in stock I would have got it but if not I will just customise one with a TB HDD.

Squeak825

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2007
When I bought my 24" 3 weeks ago, they had the 2.8Ghz edition in stock at the Easton Store in Columbus.

Just call your store and ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.