PDA

View Full Version : iPhones outside US

skiwie
Sep 28, 2007, 08:32 AM
Hello there !

Any reviews / comments / tips and tricks from costumers outside the US ?

1. How did you buy the iPhone?
2. How did you /someone esle unlock it?
3. How are you updating your iPhone?

Thanks for your comments !

Skiwie

MrT8064
Sep 28, 2007, 03:09 PM
Hi, I have not got my iPhone yet, but i bourght it from US ebay, for 375$ (8GB) and i have been charged $37 for postage. If i have to pay TAX, then my total cost will be arround 245.

I intend on unlocking the iPhone my self, via the iNdependance method (if you dont know this method, a good instruction manual can be found by doing a quick google search) (this method is free)

I will definatly NOT be updating the firmware just yet, as it looks like it will render the iPhone totally useless.

hope this helps

benfilan
Sep 29, 2007, 04:14 PM
i bought mine on ebay, had it about a week now. really loving it so far!
i unlocked it using inDependence and anysim. was pretty simple, with a bit of internet searching and help from the Macrumors forums (for which i am eternally grateful :) ).

i'd say do it. if you're gonna wait for the UK release, you're still (probably) gonna have to unlock it, because the O2 tariffs are rubbish.

Patchfoo
Oct 3, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hi, I have not got my iPhone yet, but i bourght it from US ebay, for 375$ (8GB) and i have been charged $37 for postage. If i have to pay TAX, then my total cost will be arround 245.

I intend on unlocking the iPhone my self, via the iNdependance method (if you dont know this method, a good instruction manual can be found by doing a quick google search) (this method is free)

I will definatly NOT be updating the firmware just yet, as it looks like it will render the iPhone totally useless.

hope this helps

You bought it for $375 off ebay? Every iPhone I see on ebay is $500+ not including shipping! Was it cheaper because it was not unlocked yet or something? I never even thought to look for non unlocked ones. Any info would be appreciated. I live in Canada so I can't just go to a store so the main reason I don't buy from ebay is that they are an extra $100+.

Compile 'em all
Oct 3, 2007, 06:31 PM
A friend of mine was on a business trip and got it for me. 600$ from the Apple store (about 1 month ago). I am running 1.0.2 and unlocked it myself using iUnlock (before anySIM GUI was out). I won't update till the dev team gives the green light on their wiki and provide the necessary tools to do so.

MrT8064
Oct 4, 2007, 05:15 AM
You bought it for $375 off ebay? Every iPhone I see on ebay is $500+ not including shipping! Was it cheaper because it was not unlocked yet or something? I never even thought to look for non unlocked ones. Any info would be appreciated. I live in Canada so I can't just go to a store so the main reason I don't buy from ebay is that they are an extra $100+.

Hi, yeh the one i got was not unlocked, it basically just takes a few days of looking at every single iPhone getting sold, and eventually you'll find a cheap one! if you set your self a maximum of say $410, just do lots of auction sniping (going in at the last 10 seconds) and you should end up with a great deal!

saying that, i think my iPhone was send using very slow postage, it STILL hasnt arrived!

hope this helps

skiwie
Oct 4, 2007, 04:28 PM
I got mine 410 + 10 shipping, unlocked before 1.1.1 update
Works perfect now on Belgian network Mobistar. As I travel a lot I'll be inserting other SIMs from other countries (only reason why I unlocked it)