PDA

View Full Version : Mac-P2P.com - Intro and guide to Peer-to-Peer on the Macinto...

MacBytes
Aug 26, 2003, 10:14 AM
Category: Mac Websites
Link: Mac-P2P.com - Intro and guide to Peer-to-Peer on the Macintosh. (http://www.mac-p2p.com)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

Nermal
Aug 26, 2003, 02:28 PM
There's an ad on the bottom of that site for "Free Kazaa Gold". I clicked it, an it asks which of 3 versions to buy - none of them are free. And would it work on the Mac anyway?

arn
Aug 26, 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Nermal
There's an ad on the bottom of that site for "Free Kazaa Gold". I clicked it, an it asks which of 3 versions to buy - none of them are free. And would it work on the Mac anyway?

seems not

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto/09102002e.php

alexd101
Aug 27, 2003, 04:16 PM
Cool site, thanks...

vollspacken
Sep 6, 2003, 07:28 AM
I don't know, if people want to do filesharing, they should get a PC or use iTMS on mac. IMO these are the only good ways to go (which sucks, because we still don't have the iTMS over here in Europe..!)

vSpacken

scem0
Sep 7, 2003, 04:07 PM
Awesome site, but mac p2p still sucks. :(

At least it exists. ;)

scem0

amin
Sep 8, 2003, 01:19 PM
Kazaalite works beautifully on Virtual PC 6. Drag and drop files straight from your Shared Folder into the Mac folder of your choice ;) .

Freg3000
Sep 14, 2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by amin
Kazaalite works beautifully on Virtual PC 6. Drag and drop files straight from your Shared Folder into the Mac folder of your choice ;) .

I never got Kazaa or Kazaalite to work on VPC 6. I also had all of those fatal errors and stuff. :rolleyes:

Poisoned works well enough for me.

amin
Sep 14, 2003, 12:13 PM
Hmmm... I haven't had any such problems. I'm running VPC 6.1 w/ XP Pro and the latest version of Kazaalite. Dragging the files to my Mac folder didn't work well until I clicked on "Install Additions" at the bottom of my VPC screen.

beez7777
Sep 14, 2003, 12:42 PM
i don't think p2p on the mac sucks anymore, i haven't had any problems with poisoned, it's much better than limewire or anything else i've tried. VPC runs deathly slow on my system, let alone trying to run kazaa, i don't know why. (17' iMac 800 mhz, 512 mb)

my_autumn_arm
Jul 18, 2004, 08:57 AM
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but i would really appreciate help on this subject.
i have started using poisoned but the trouble i have is im not sure which files are for mac because some of the files have the windows .exe file extension etc. my question is how do i know which files are mac compatible?
Thanks a lot.

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 18, 2004, 10:03 AM
usually .sit or .dmg work for mac.

alexd101
Jul 18, 2004, 03:36 PM
You can try a google search for mac p2p. My favorites are acquisition and poisoined. I have just started to use Overnet, which has a new mac client. You can get good p2p on the mac, all it takes is some patience in the beginning...and luckily, we have WAY less spyware and virus problems then wintel.

applemacdude
Jul 23, 2004, 11:52 PM
Awesome site, but mac p2p still sucks. :(

At least it exists. ;)

scem0

Whats the difference between mac and pc p2p?

themadchemist
Jul 24, 2004, 12:08 AM
Is this your site arn? It's got the feel of the stripped-down expo site for MR.