PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy on one computer and download with on another?

dfnj123
Sep 28, 2007, 02:09 PM
I go to boarding school (which I am at right now) and I would like to dl a song off iTunes but the account information is my parents. Is there a way for my parents to buy the song on there computer and have me download it on another one over long distances?

bartelby
Sep 28, 2007, 02:11 PM
They could send you gift cards.

dfnj123
Sep 28, 2007, 02:14 PM
They could send you gift cards.
don't you need a account to use the gift cards. All of my purchased songs are done with my parents account (aka I'm not getting the password)

Shotgun Pete
Sep 28, 2007, 05:23 PM
downloads arent billed to a computer, they are billed to a credit card, therefore as long as you knew your parent's account and password you can download all the songs you want and it will automaticaly bill them.

dfnj123
Sep 28, 2007, 05:34 PM
downloads arent billed to a computer, they are billed to a credit card, therefore as long as you knew your parent's account and password you can download all the songs you want and it will automaticaly bill them.but I don't have my parents password and for obvious reasons they are not telling me what it is. There fine buying it on their computer for now but how would I get it to my computer then.

admanimal
Sep 29, 2007, 07:44 AM
but I don't have my parents password and for obvious reasons they are not telling me what it is. There fine buying it on their computer for now but how would I get it to my computer then.

Have they already authorized your computer to play songs purchased with their account? If they haven't, they have to give you their password anyway.