PDA

View Full Version : Nano screen tilt...who's living with it?

LLPE33
Sep 29, 2007, 11:23 AM
I just got my RED nano last night. It's got that slight amount of tilt (all the units on display did as well. I don't notice it all while using the device for music management. I have to try some video to see if I notice or if it bothers me in any way. I've gotta a feeling it won't. So what should I do? Take it back and have sales folk and geniuses give me rolly-eyes or just not worry about it. I even noticed it when the unit was off and in its case, but the tilt is so slight that I'm not sure it worth the effort.

On principle I think I should help bring add to the folks bringing this to Apple's attention. As someone who's been without a music player for 4+ months, is a total music junky, and hates radio I dread the idea of losing the unit and awaiting a replacement or having to wait if other units aren't available.

I have no idea how I'm gonna handle it. My wife admits the tilt is there but thinks I'm crazy (and she added expletive for all the other folks that she doesn't know from this and other forums that have mentioned the problem). It's a non-issue for her, but I'm a little more particular about things (except, again, not so much with this).

Any who...

GoCubsGo
Sep 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh wait wrong reply. Seriously, I haven't seen this yet. Do you have a pic?

telf22
Sep 29, 2007, 01:08 PM
im exchanging my 8g black nano 2night

Littleodie914
Sep 29, 2007, 01:17 PM
Tilt, as in the top of the screen isn't level with the top of the case?

telf22
Sep 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
Tilt, as in the top of the screen isn't level with the top of the case?

the lcd is tilted downwards left. so u can see black on the bottom right, its annoying

iNeko
Sep 29, 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm living with it, it's a fraction of a millimetre, it doesn't stop the function of the device at all.

If it starts to really bother me when I'm watching videos, I'll just hold the device at an angle :eek:

kwood
Sep 29, 2007, 03:29 PM
I have the same 8GB Red nano, and my screen is perfect. No tilt whatsoever. I thought there was at first but then I looked closer, it is perfectly level.

Serial:YM737XXXXXX

So it's a week 37 nano.

smiddlehurst
Sep 29, 2007, 04:02 PM
Had exactly the same issue, one iPod Nano Red with a major screen tilt to the bottom left of the unit. All of the display units had the same fault as did the black nano I swapped it for. After raising hell with apple customer support (in between swapping for the black nano I tried an iPod touch which a) suffered from the negative black issue and b) I received appaling support from the genius bar) I got a call from a tech support guy.

He confirmed that this is a known issue with the initial batch of Nano units. Specifically a 15 degree tilt to the left is definitely a known issue. Personally I'd say take it back to the Apple store, show them the problem and swap it out for a new one. If that one doesn't work take it back again and keep going until you do.

Ultimately these are considered high end units and, as such, you should get one that is defect-free for your money. IMO of course.

maccam
Sep 29, 2007, 05:25 PM
We need pictures!

peter32892
Sep 29, 2007, 10:40 PM
I have a black nano week 36 (boo) it has a annoying tilt when I go to take it back to the apple store do I have to bring the headphones back with it because my friend accidentally got ink on them. I don't really care about the ink but I am worried about them accepting the nano or not anyone know?

CaptainCaveMann
Dec 30, 2007, 10:33 PM
Mine is tilted a little as well, but it doesn't bother me. In fact going in and asking for a replacement would bother me 10 times more. : )