Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
For any video capable iPod, what do you download? Anything special besides what's on iTunes? (movies, shows, etc)

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Also, I'm deciding whether or not I'd like to download any Music Videos... what would be the justification of downloading these when you can simply listen to the audio track and conserve battery? I'm sure there's plenty of reasons to buy and watch the music videos, can anyone share them with me please? :)

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Sorry but I have yet another question. When do any of you watch movies on an iPod? I can't think of any situations other than a plane or train ride where I'd have an hour and a half to myself to stare at a screen that small...

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Sorry but I have yet another question. When do any of you watch movies on an iPod? I can't think of any situations other than a plane or train ride where I'd have an hour and a half to myself to stare at a screen that small...

I watched West Side Story in bits and pieces on an iPod; I had it in the kitchen and watched it while I was waiting for tea water to boil or the coffee to brew... similarly U2's Rattle and Hum. Stuff that is sort of segmented to begin with.

But I see your point, I don't know if I'd watch The English Patient on an iPod. What I might do, however, is load it on the iPod and take along the A/V kit and watch the thing on TV when I got where I was going. I've done that several times when house-sitting for family members.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.