PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for me......

stephen1108
Sep 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here. I have a question about the iPod classic. Is it possible for me to Exchange my current 30 GB 5th Generation iPod for a iPod classic? I have the 2 year extended Apple warrenty and I would like to know if could exchange it. I still have the box and everything that came with it. :D

overanalyzer
Sep 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
AppleCare covers extended warranty service to repair or replace a device with the same device (usually a refurb of it, in the case of iPods), not upgrading to a new device. If you want a new iPod, you have to buy it.

stephen1108
Sep 30, 2007, 10:25 AM
But there is a problem with the iPod. The battery is no where near as good as before and a lot of the songs skip randomly.

rdowns
Sep 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
But there is a problem with the iPod. The battery is no where near as good as before and a lot of the songs skip randomly.

And Apple will either repair or replace it (with same model, very rarely a newer model) under the terms of your AppleCare agreement. They will not give you an upgrade unless that is their last option.

stephen1108
Sep 30, 2007, 10:56 AM
And Apple will either repair or replace it (with same model, very rarely a newer model) under the terms of your AppleCare agreement. They will not give you an upgrade unless that is their last option.

Well, what if I pay extra....

overanalyzer
Sep 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
Well, what if I pay extra....

Yep, for a mere $249 extra, you can upgrade to an iPod Classic. You even get to keep the old iPod too :p

AppleCare is just extended warranty service, nothing more. It's not a free upgrade plan, unfortunately.

stephen1108
Sep 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
Yep, for a mere $249 extra, you can upgrade to an iPod Classic. You even get to keep the old iPod too :p

AppleCare is just extended warranty service, nothing more. It's not a free upgrade plan, unfortunately.

dang. Thanks. :(:)