PDA

View Full Version : A small present for any Angelina Jolie fans...


edesignuk
Aug 27, 2003, 04:38 AM
I hope no one (mods :)) mind me posting this, I wouldn't normally post a thread just because I found some good pix, but these are particularly good, very hi-res, and very clear. Someone who's good with the old PS should be able to make some real nice wallpapers out of these.

Some seriously hi-res pics, I'm talking up to approx. 3500x4000px!!!

http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-01_rgb2.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-02_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-03_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-04_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-06_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-07_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-09_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-10_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-13_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-14_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-15_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/angelina060.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/angelina061.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/angelina062.jpg

(I have not hyper-linked these for a reason, we don't want the site to be thinking we're leeching their bandwidth, if you have to copy and paste the links the site will not know the referrer ;) and MR is in the clear :p)

edit: new links :D

King Cobra
Aug 27, 2003, 04:44 AM
Heh. I got here before the mods did. And C&P all the links before such "issues" came up.

See what happens when you patiently wait until 5:40 in the morning?

This better be worth my morning cup of Joe. :eek:

Man, how did you find these?

edesignuk
Aug 27, 2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra
This better be worth my morning cup of Joe. :eek:

Don't worry, I can say with great confidence that you will not be disappointed;) :D
Originally posted by King Cobra
Man, how did you find these?
Ah, that would be telling....I have my sources....

King Cobra
Aug 27, 2003, 05:02 AM
That second pic was so big it locked up Safari...twice!! :eek:

edesignuk
Aug 27, 2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra
That second pic was so big it locked up Safari...twice!! :eek:
lol! Well, it is 3782 x 4638px!!! Damn I love these pics! :cool:

Mr. Anderson
Aug 27, 2003, 06:54 AM
why would the mods be upset with this.....you going to make me look at all the pics? :D

D

Stike
Aug 27, 2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra
That second pic was so big it locked up Safari...twice!! :eek:

It happened with me too, but only if I drag and drop the pic on the desktop...
Try to right-click and save the pic, it worked that way :)

AppleMatt
Aug 27, 2003, 08:24 AM
She's moving to Britain...so I'm moving to Buckinghamshire.

Oh Angelina...:D

AppleMatt

scem0
Aug 27, 2003, 08:26 AM
15 is the best :D.

Angelina rocks.

scem0

edesignuk
Aug 27, 2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
why would the mods be upset with this.....you going to make me look at all the pics? :D

D
I wasn't sure, thought u might somehow think of it as "spam", but I'm glad you don't :D

@scem0 - yes, 15 is rather nice ;)

wdlove
Aug 27, 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
She's moving to Britain...so I'm moving to Buckinghamshire.

Oh Angelina...:D

AppleMatt

The last interview that I saw of her, she indicated that she might move to Indonesia. It's because of her adopted son. Angelina said, "When I visited the country, I fell in love the culture."

D0ct0rteeth
Aug 27, 2003, 12:20 PM
no. no. no. nombre 7.

- Doc

AppleMatt
Aug 27, 2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
The last interview that I saw of her, she indicated that she might move to Indonesia. It's because of her adopted son. Angelina said, "When I visited the country, I fell in love the culture."

It was in the papers this Saturday, she's bought a 2.1m village mansion. I remember it because she said "I love Britain. I've started drinking tea and I love English Mustard".

So she'll fit right in then :rolleyes:

AppleMatt

Wes
Aug 27, 2003, 12:25 PM
My friend's mother works on the radio here in the UK and got to meet Angelina and do an interview. :mad:

edesignuk
Aug 27, 2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Wes
My friend's mother works on the Radio here in the UK and got to meet Angelina and do an interview. :mad:
And you didn't go along, worse yet, u didn't invite me!!!! :mad: :p

wdlove
Aug 27, 2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
It was in the papers this Saturday, she's bought a 2.1m village mansion. I remember it because she said "I love Britain. I've started drinking tea and I love English Mustard".

So she'll fit right in then :rolleyes:

AppleMatt

She will also fit in with the Hollwood elite. One home isn't enough. Two homes in the US, one in Britian, and one in Indonesia. She wants her adopted son to feel comfortable about his heritage!

edesignuk
Aug 27, 2003, 01:58 PM
Actually, I think you will all find that Angelina is crashing @ my place ;) ...seriously...really, honestly, no joke, for real, 100% true. Oh, there she is now, g2g, things to erm..."do" with Angelina :D

edit: Angelina has decided she'd like to go for a drive, so we're poping out for a cruise in the V12 Vanquish, bbl :)

MrMacMan
Aug 27, 2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
That second pic was so big it locked up Safari...twice!! :eek:

me, too, I keep getting one, maybe 2 pics and then the 3ed one freezes!

So far great pictures... but ARG

themadchemist
Aug 27, 2003, 08:02 PM
I guess this is a follow-up to the hi-res Apple pics (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36195)?

I suppose both sets are pretty sexy, but I think I gotta go with Angelina as far as the sexier one.

XnavxeMiyyep
Aug 27, 2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Schem0
15 is the best .:D

Angelina rocks.

scem0

Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth
no. no. no. nombre 7.

- Doc

I have to disagree with you both. The second one is definitely the best.

sparkleytone
Aug 27, 2003, 11:06 PM
mmmm

i think you just won my own personal, first annual 'thread of the yr' award'

MrMacMan
Aug 27, 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
mmmm

i think you just won my own personal, first annual 'thread of the yr' award'

Why not the babelicious thread?

:p

sparkleytone
Aug 27, 2003, 11:51 PM
who needs a bunch of random hot chicks when you can have angelina jolie?

edesignuk
Aug 28, 2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
mmmm

i think you just won my own personal, first annual 'thread of the yr' award'
w00t! Thanks! I'd like to thank my family, friends, Angelina...

LethalWolfe
Aug 28, 2003, 02:23 AM
Sweet monkey those are some big pix. I'll have to fwd this thread to my gf (she's a huge AG fan).


Lethal

edesignuk
Aug 28, 2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by LethalWolfe
Sweet monkey those are some big pix.
Well, you know, I don't mess around, when I say big, I mean BIG!

Now I think about it, I should have called this thread "A big present for any Angelina Jolie fans..." :D

I'm, glad everyone likes 'em so much, they are a great set of pictures, if anyone has made wallpapers out of 'em; post 'em!

AppleMatt
Aug 28, 2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
who needs a bunch of random hot chicks when you can have angelina jolie?

Wise words my man, wise words. She's crazy hot.

AppleMatt

kiwi_the_iwik
Aug 28, 2003, 08:01 AM
Looks to me as if she's a "lift-and-wash" girl...

;)

MrMacMan
Aug 28, 2003, 09:46 PM
You know guys she is single...

:p

vniow
Aug 28, 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
You know guys she is single...

:p

Must...resist...urge..to...fantisize..

kiwi_the_iwik
Aug 29, 2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
You know guys she is single...

:p

Yeah - but just remember she digs older blokes (aka. Billy Bob...).

Ewwww! Dusty sperm...

:p

Anyway - who would want someone who'd walk around with a vial of your blood around their neck, as a sign of their devotion? Freaky...

(Didn't help old BB though, did it?!?)

mrjamin
Aug 30, 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
You know guys she is single...

:p

she's also had a rather messy divorce from what i gather.

MrMacMan
Aug 30, 2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Must...resist...urge..to...fantisize..

Haha, me too...

:rolleyes:

No chance unless I am a vilian or a co-star in a film...

:p

tazo
Aug 30, 2003, 02:06 PM
omg, number 15 is like poster sized! :)

thanks for the thread edesign ;)

shadowfax
Aug 30, 2003, 03:36 PM
i guess i might as well archive these :D

times like these make me glad to have photoshop...

thanks for the tipoff

wdlove
Aug 30, 2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
You know guys she is single...

:p

Actually she is divorced, that is if it's legally settled yet! :(

shadowfax
Aug 30, 2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Actually she is divorced, that is if it's legally settled yet! :( divorced people can still be single. their divorce is certainly settled, and she is not with anyone right now. at least as of some interview i saw a month ago.

cb911
Aug 30, 2003, 09:10 PM
edesignuk, i have to say that you are a legend!! :D

dude, they are awesome pics! i'm definitely making some walls out of these!!... as soon as i get my new PowerBook. :(

they will look very nice on a PowerBook! :D

MrMacMan
Aug 30, 2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Actually she is divorced, that is if it's legally settled yet! :(

What are you talking about, when a person becomes divorced, most of them go back in the 'single' column.

If not become a widdow, which she is not.

I was flipping channels for a recent interview, she hasn't meet anyone yet.

edesignuk
Aug 31, 2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by cb911
edesignuk, i have to say that you are a legend!! :D

WOW! Thanks! All this time I've been here, and all the threads I have posted, and all I had to do to make you all love me (:eek: :p :D) was post some big ass Angelina picz!

OutThere
Aug 31, 2003, 09:25 AM
w00t! Why thank you sir.:cool:

cb911
Aug 31, 2003, 08:58 PM
uh oh. i just tried to go get the rest of the pics i didn't have from 8ung.at and it looks like the site's gone over it's bandwidth, or i hope that's what it is.

and edesignuk, anymore big ass pics? :D might as well post them all up, especially if they're big enough to make desktops out of. :D

cubist
Aug 31, 2003, 09:17 PM
"Aufgrund technischer Arbeiten (Festplattentausch, Serverarbeiten) ist www.8ung.at bis 28.4.2003 12 Uhr leider nicht erreichbar."

I think this means "Due to technical activities (hard drive cleaning, server tasks), www.8ung.at is not accessible after April 28, 2003 noon."

What in the world do they mean, April 28?

cb911
Aug 31, 2003, 10:21 PM
OH NO!! :eek: that must mean i only got lucky yesterday!

edesignuk, have you got a backup for the stuff that's on 8ung.at?

but i guess that site will come up again... eventually. but i want the pics now! :D

iShater
Aug 31, 2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by cb911
OH NO!! :eek: that must mean i only got lucky yesterday!

edesignuk, have you got a backup for the stuff that's on 8ung.at?

but i guess that site will come up again... eventually. but i want the pics now! :D

Yeah guys, share the loot! :D

edesignuk
Sep 1, 2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by cb911
OH NO!! :eek: that must mean i only got lucky yesterday!

edesignuk, have you got a backup for the stuff that's on 8ung.at?

but i guess that site will come up again... eventually. but i want the pics now! :D
It's all ok, never fear, edesignuk is here!
I have uploaded the images to a fresh mirror on my own .Mac space (hope it doesn't have bandwidth restrictions, does anyone know?)
I have edited the first post to provide the new links :D

MrMacMan
Sep 1, 2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
It's all ok, never fear, edesignuk is here!
I have uploaded the images to a fresh mirror on my own .Mac space (hope it doesn't have bandwidth restrictions, does anyone know?)
I have edited the first post to provide the new links :D

You don't have too non-hyperlink them anymore man...


I don't think anyone who haven't seen these already is gonna kill your bandwidth.

mrjamin
Sep 1, 2003, 05:54 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-01_rgb2.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-02_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-03_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-04_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-06_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-07_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-09_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-10_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-13_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-14_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/aj-15_rgb.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/angelina060.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/angelina061.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/edesignuk/images/angelina/angelina062.jpg

wdlove
Sep 1, 2003, 08:24 PM
Thank you for the links mrjamin. ;)

Some of those are really large! :p

adamfilip
Sep 1, 2003, 10:47 PM
thanks for the great pics.. but #15.. downloads all corupted.

anyone else having problems with it?

mrjamin
Sep 2, 2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by adamfilip
thanks for the great pics.. but #15.. downloads all corupted.

anyone else having problems with it?

that it does.

grab mine: http://benlancaster.mine.nu/aj-15_rgb.jpg

adamfilip
Sep 2, 2003, 12:16 PM
thank you very very much

nice pic!

cb911
Sep 3, 2003, 06:27 PM
edesignuk, thanks heaps. now my collection is complete! :D

wdlove
Sep 3, 2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by mrjamin
that it does.

grab mine: http://benlancaster.mine.nu/aj-15_rgb.jpg

Thank you mrjamin, that is what I call large! I think that you win the prize!

shadowfax
Sep 3, 2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Thank you mrjamin, that is what I call large! I think that you win the prize! isn't that just a mirror of the original? what's the prize for?

wdlove
Sep 3, 2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
isn't that just a mirror of the original? what's the prize for?

I'm not sure what the original is that you are referring. The prize is for the largest wallpaper that I've seen. Not sure if a 23" Cinema Display would help al that much! :p

shadowfax
Sep 3, 2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I'm not sure what the original is that you are referring. The prize is for the largest wallpaper that I've seen. Not sure if a 23" Cinema Display would help al that much! :p his images are just a mirror of the images that edesignuk linked to in the first post on this thread, which subsequently got overloaded... they're not even really wallpapers, though they are prime soil for anyone who can resize and crop images ;)

Dahl
Sep 4, 2003, 12:03 AM
I wonder if these photos were digital from the beginning or done with regular film, they sure are huge.
Finally we can all print our own life size Angelina.
:)

cb911
Sep 4, 2003, 12:30 AM
i'm guessing these pics were taken with a regular camera, on film. i know that digital camera's have come along way, but i think it would be hard to get that sort of quality from a digi cam. although they might have been touched up in Photoshop already...

i know there are a few pro photographers that use digital cameras, but by far the majority still use film and just scan it.

shadowfax
Sep 4, 2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by cb911
i'm guessing these pics were taken with a regular camera, on film. i know that digital camera's have come along way, but i think it would be hard to get that sort of quality from a digi cam. although they might have been touched up in Photoshop already...

i know there are a few pro photographers that use digital cameras, but by far the majority still use film and just scan it. ummm.... a good 4 MegaPixel Camera will get this size of image with great ease. these were probably taken with, if not a high dollar 35 mm camera, then a 6-odd MP camera. it would easily get this quality, and then some. that's why they cost $800-1000

Dahl
Sep 4, 2003, 12:50 AM
It might even be from one of the 10 MP+, that most pro photographers can afford ?

cb911
Sep 4, 2003, 01:30 AM
oops! :p i guess i haven't been keeping up with the latest tech.

one thing i can remember is Foevon (Foeveon?) technology. it doesn't need R, G & B CCD's seperately, it can have them all in one layer, so you can fit about triple the CCD's (or whatever captures the colour). digital cameras are going to be sweet when they come out. :D

Bengt77
Sep 4, 2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by cb911
oops! :p i guess i haven't been keeping up with the latest tech.

<snip>

digital cameras are going to be sweet when they come out. :D

Hehe ... funny guy!

:cool:

edesignuk
Sep 9, 2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by adamfilip
thanks for the great pics.. but #15.. downloads all corupted.

anyone else having problems with it?
FYI, my link to #15 is fixed now, enjoy one and all! :D

MacBandit
Sep 9, 2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by edesignuk
Don't worry, I can say with great confidence that you will not be disappointed;) :D

Ah, that would be telling....I have my sources....

Well 60, 61, and 62 I got off of SpyMac a couple weeks ago. So either you have the same source as the guy who posted them there or I have the same source as you.

Also I just have to give you a thumbs up on your avatar. It gives me fond memories of the ones I had that were very similar to that. Unfortunately I was asked very politely to try something different.

edesignuk
Sep 9, 2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Well 60, 61, and 62 I got off of SpyMac a couple weeks ago.
I did post them on SpyMac a couple of weeks ago, but after a day or 2 the friggin Mods deleted them, I dunno why :confused:

cb911
Sep 9, 2003, 07:59 AM
oowww! come on, tell us your *sources*. or... just send me a quick little pm... :D

MacBandit
Sep 9, 2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by edesignuk
I did post them on SpyMac a couple of weeks ago, but after a day or 2 the friggin Mods deleted them, I dunno why :confused:

The mods at SpyMac have gotten very very strict about sexually arousing photographs. A far cry from the old red light district they use to have.

cb911
Sep 9, 2003, 09:36 PM
hey, i just had an idea! why not put up some links to other 'red-light' districts? ;) :D yeah, high-res red light districts! :D

AppleMatt
Sep 10, 2003, 07:16 AM
Whoops. I didn't check this thread for a while.

Can someone upload 15? It's gone from mrjamin's server...

edesignuk, I was well disappointed with that kiss. Could have been longer. Sigh.

AppleMatt

edesignuk
Sep 10, 2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
Whoops. I didn't check this thread for a while.

Can someone upload 15? It's gone from mrjamin's server...

See my above post, or the quote below...
Originally posted by edesignuk
FYI, my link to #15 is fixed now, enjoy one and all! :D
Originally posted by AppleMatt
edesignuk, I was well disappointed with that kiss. Could have been longer. Sigh.

AppleMatt
lol, yeah, I know :( but it's still good enough for my 'tar...for the time being ;)

Dreamail
Oct 26, 2003, 06:48 AM
Thanks for fixing pic #6.

This one is my favourite.

elgruga
Jan 6, 2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
w00t! Thanks! I'd like to thank my family, friends, Angelina...

Yeah, but your pic of the girl on the left is a lot cuter than MS Jolie, IMHO.....

yoda13
Mar 30, 2005, 05:01 PM
what a great thread....thanks for the great pics edesign.... :D

Jaffa Cake
Mar 30, 2005, 05:18 PM
Actually, I think you will all find that Angelina is crashing @ my place ;) ...seriously...really, honestly, no joke, for real, 100% true. Oh, there she is now, g2g, things to erm..."do" with Angelina :D

edit: Angelina has decided she'd like to go for a drive, so we're poping out for a cruise in the V12 Vanquish, bbl :)Tut, tut, tut... whatever would Keira say if she found out? ;)

Edit: Yikes, I've just seen the dates on this thread this one really is a risen from the grave if ever there was... :eek:

bigdz68
Mar 31, 2005, 03:59 AM
Thank you very much for these! Excellent and Huge taboot! ;D

MacRy
Mar 31, 2005, 05:09 AM
Dude you totally rock! :)

edesignuk
Mar 31, 2005, 06:32 AM
woah! blast from the past!! :eek:

MacRy
Mar 31, 2005, 10:16 AM
woah! blast from the past!! :eek:

You certainly like your enormous pictures of foxy ladies mate........and it's to your credit :)

Please feel free to post massive pictures of the delectable Angelina any time that you feel like it.