Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenmaxslp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I am not too tech savvy. I previously had an ipod (about 2 years old) which no longer works so I'm planning to purchase a new one. I'm very interested in the touch but want to make sure it's worth it. I notice there is a huge difference between the 8gb touch and the 160 gb classic ipod... should I be concerned about such a difference? Will the 8gb be enough??? Also, how is the battery life? I just want to make sure I spend my money in the right place. Thanks!

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Do you use playlists or do you just like to have everything? In the latter case the Classic is your best bet. Go for a capacity that exceeds your current usage to allow for some expandability.

my collection's about 11GB so I've gone for the 16GB Touch.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Battery life is around 30 hours of music. So you could listen all day and still have power left. Battery for watching video should last around 7 hours.

How much music do you currently have? You can see the amount at the bottom of the iTunes window. I have around 40GB, yet I still went for the 16GB iPod touch because I don't mind moving songs to and from the iPod on a regular basis. I buy new music on a daily basis so I'm going to be syncing anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.