PDA

View Full Version : How to get somebody else to pay your bill.

Shoesy
Oct 1, 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna get me an iphone when they launch here in the UK- but my question is this.

How do I let my boss pay my bill?

I have always received my (mobile) phone through work , and have the bill paid as part of my 'wage', but with iphone the user's itunes account would normally be the one that pays the monthly tariff right?

I don't have my bosses music sense, he normally listens to Simply Red.

Can he pay the bill whilst I use my itunes account on iphone? Please advise US iphone heads.

LizKat
Oct 1, 2007, 06:44 PM
ATT the carrier sends a regular cellphone bill and I pay them. So if your boss was paying your carrier I guess he could do with the iPhone as well.

rdowns
Oct 1, 2007, 06:47 PM
I would imagine O2 sends out a bill each month as ATT does here (of course, you can go all electronic here and receive no paper bill). Can't you just hand you boss the bill to pay? Our bills are NOT paid through our iTunes account.

bumfilter
Nov 6, 2007, 06:11 PM
I'd say you are billed as normal by o2, so either call them up and set up your direct debit with your boss, or just get him to charge it to the company card every month.

At the minute I just get a text or a computer call when my bill is due and call the automated payment line.

Edit: Didn't see this was a month old!

gkarris
Nov 7, 2007, 10:13 PM
Can he pay the bill whilst I use my itunes account on iphone? Please advise US iphone heads.

Depends on the company.

One company I worked for it was my own cell phone plan, I sorted out my own minutes (I used it for personal too), and expensed the rest.

The company I work for now I have to go through the cell phone company's "business plan" which AT&T has here but the iPhone is not a part of. So, I wouldn't be able to use the iPhone.