PDA

View Full Version : Another glowing iPod review from the mainstream

Gus
Aug 27, 2003, 03:40 PM
Rio is never going to catch the iPod, especially with crappy, overpriced products like the Nexus. Here's the link:

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030827/D7T6GGDG1.html

Regards,
Gus

themadchemist
Aug 28, 2003, 05:43 PM
Obviously, it's no match for the iPod. Buggy software, ugly appearance, small HDD, tiny screen, stupid joystick, and OVERPRICED!

I hate to be another one of those "iPod fanatics," but I think it is obvious that the new Rio device doesn't have a chance.

mp3 player makers need to realize that people have come to the point where they are not interested in a player the size of a thumbnail. We all want ease-of-use, style, and high specs before an incredibly tiny size...And the smaller you get, the more uncomfortable the controls get.

Personally, I like my mp3 player to have some heft to it. That why I like the feeling of my original iPod--and its richer buttons--more than the new design.

Gymnut
Sep 12, 2003, 02:58 PM
I've got a Rio 300, 500, and 600, all dead from some firmware short. Currently using a Samsung Yepp but soon to be 40GB ipod!

Freg3000
Sep 12, 2003, 03:16 PM
With a Universal Serial Bus 2.0 connection to a PC, songs load about 40 times faster than older players that rely on USB 1.1, which also is supported. The Nitrus' transfer rate is faster than the iPod's FireWire.

NO NO NO. I hate this so much. Why is it so hard to do a little research and find out that FireWire is much faster than USB 2, instead of just believing the numbers? This just spreads false information. Even if the writer didn't directly say that the iPod transfers data slower, he certainly implied it, and most people will believe it.

:(