Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vanzskater272

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I bought my ipod touch from Best Buy today and I love it but I Just sold my old camera today and Now I will have enough for a new lens for my 20D if I return my touch.

So my question is... If I return my Ipod touch to bestbuy tommorw will I have to pay a restocking fee? I all ready opened it.

jepaz

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
USA
You can return the touch within 30 days without restocking fee. It's at the back of your receipt.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
yup, as long as it's not damaged or anything you can return it. You should tell them that you just changed your mind when you return it, that way at least they can sell it as open box (if you care, or whatever, lol).

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
when you return the touch to best buy do they inspect the touch and check the serials and all that ****?

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
They won't give you any problems...and they wont inspect it...they'll just call over a salesman from audio to verify everything's in the box and nothing is missing (don't care about manuals) and that it isn't banged up.

If they're smart, they'll match up the serial numbers, but I doubt it.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
cause i have a week 38 which i bought at the apple store which has audio problems (the hiss) and i took it back there to exchange it and they said that it works perfectly fine cause they dont want to exchange it. they said they can return it for $40 so i was thinking of just going to bestbuy and buying one and putting the defective one in the best buy box and and keeping the new one. i know its not an ethical thing to do but it needs to be returned.

jepaz

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
USA
That's a no no. Insist with the Apple guy that the unit you got from them is defective.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
cause i have a week 38 which i bought at the apple store which has audio problems (the hiss) and i took it back there to exchange it and they said that it works perfectly fine cause they dont want to exchange it. they said they can return it for $40 so i was thinking of just going to bestbuy and buying one and putting the defective one in the best buy box and and keeping the new one. i know its not an ethical thing to do but it needs to be returned.

That is fraud. Please don't do it, as it just drives up costs for everyone. The serial number of iPods is recorded on the receipt with most vendors.

So if by some chance the Best Buy person inspects the back of the iPod they will realize that the serial number doesn't match the one on the box.

Additionally you would be potentially giving up any warranty you had since if you tried to make a warranty claim later, after returning the unit Apple would report that your serial number was returned and the warranty is no longer valid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.