PDA

View Full Version : Removing DRM From Purchased .aac files

AirborneAngel
Oct 1, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hey I already used the search feature but was unable to find a solution to my problem. I was wondering if there are any applications out there that I can use to remove the protection on an iTunes purchased song so that I can use it as I wish. (And in doing so am I violating any laws...?) I know that I can burn the selected songs onto a CD-R and that will remove the protection, but I am looking for an alternative. Thanks!

Sun Baked
Oct 1, 2007, 10:56 PM
Well we cannot really point you in any direction, sorry.

Violates forum rules to do so. :(

AirborneAngel
Oct 2, 2007, 12:00 AM
So I take it removing these copyrights is illegal...?

nateDEEZY
Oct 2, 2007, 12:08 AM

Well, yea... It is.

CanadaRAM
Oct 2, 2007, 12:10 AM

Well, yes. Copyright = the owner of the work (the writer/publisher) retains the right to restrict how and when copies of the work can be made. When you buy (actually, buy a limited license to use) DRM music, in exchange for the fast delivery and somewhat lower price, you agree to abide by the contract, one of the terms is thou shalt not #*(^ around with the DRM copyright protection. You can burn it to CD as an audio file, you can use it on a certain number of computers, you can play it on your iPod till the cows come home but you cannot convert that file to a form that is not bundled with DRM.

hayduke
Oct 2, 2007, 12:14 AM
Well, yes. Copyright = the owner of the work (the writer/publisher) retains the right to restrict how and when copies of the work can be made. When you buy (actually, buy a limited license to use) DRM music, in exchange for the fast delivery and somewhat lower price, you agree to abide by the contract, one of the terms is thou shalt not #*(^ around with the DRM copyright protection. You can burn it to CD as an audio file, you can use it on a certain number of computers, you can play it on your iPod till the cows come home but you cannot convert that file to a form that is not bundled with DRM.

And don't even THINK about trying to make a ringtone! The spooks will just drop right out of the ceiling, throw a net over you, and drag you off to Guantanamo!

samh004
Oct 2, 2007, 12:20 AM
The question has to be why though, what's the DRM not letting you do, you can play the song on your computer after all, and your iPod's, so why do you see the need to fiddle ?

fredsherbet
Oct 2, 2007, 02:20 AM
The question has to be why though, what's the DRM not letting you do, you can play the song on your computer after all, and your iPod's, so why do you see the need to fiddle ?

maybe he'd like to play it on his zune :P

Blue Velvet
Oct 2, 2007, 02:22 AM
Warez/Serials/Keys.

Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites or software whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do