PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 screen spanning

ste0x
Oct 2, 2007, 04:25 AM
Hi.

I was just wondering if the iMac G5's (the late 2005 models, last ones without isight i think) can support using a VGA/DVI monitor as a proper spanned second display with something like screen spanning doctor that works on the old iBooks, rather than just mirroring whatever is on the iMac display.

vga4life
Oct 4, 2007, 04:01 PM
Hi.

I was just wondering if the iMac G5's (the late 2005 models, last ones without isight i think) can support using a VGA/DVI monitor as a proper spanned second display with something like screen spanning doctor that works on the old iBooks, rather than just mirroring whatever is on the iMac display.

Works like a champ. In fact, it's the same patch as the old iBooks - Screen Spanning Doctor, FTW.

Luap
Oct 4, 2007, 07:17 PM
I used this on my Rev a G5 iMac. Works so well that you have to wonder why Apple didnt do it themselves.. Actually, I could answer that, but I cant be bothered.

Dave00
Mar 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
Anyone have a bad experience doing this on an iMac G5 (the ones before the iSight)? I'd been told it could hurt the mother board - which is an issue because I've already had one go bad. But, I'd really like a second monitor to use both with my iMac and my macBook, I do a lot of photo retouching.

Dave