PDA

View Full Version : FT: unused 8GB iPhone for 16GB iPod touch

Bob_Barker
Oct 2, 2007, 10:31 AM
I just got my iPhone replaced under warranty. As per Apple's new policy, the Genuis updated the replacement phone to 1.1.1, rendering it less useful to me.

The iPhone comes with the original box and accessories, along with the documentation from the replacement (for warranty purposes).

I'm interested in trading for a 16GB iPod touch, or possibly selling outright.

Thanks.

macdaddy121
Oct 2, 2007, 10:51 AM
How much cash would you accept for it in an outright sale?

Bob_Barker
Oct 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure. Probably more than $345. I'm leaning more towards a trade for a touch.

mag2001
Oct 2, 2007, 05:06 PM
would you trade for a wii?

williamw
Oct 2, 2007, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure. Probably more than $345. I'm leaning more towards a trade for a touch.

I'll give $355 Shipped! [DIBS].

richiez
Oct 2, 2007, 07:42 PM
were you using it on a tmobile?

If you were using it on at&t you can downgrade it to 1.02 and still do jailbreak and install all your 3rd party apps and use iAsign to activate.

Bob_Barker
Oct 2, 2007, 09:27 PM
richiez,

I'm considering that, but if I were not to have phone functionality, I think I'd be better off with twice the storage. Although the iPhone would have a mail client, I could always just use safari for mail.

mag2001,

I'm only really interested in an iPod touch for now. I've already had a wii and it wasn't for me.

Thanks to all!

Bob_Barker
Oct 3, 2007, 04:32 PM
bob,

I'm only interested in trading for an iPod touch.

Thanks for the offer.

uicandrew
Oct 4, 2007, 07:39 PM
can you be more specific on what you mean by "replacement iphone" please?

is it a refurbished iphone, or did they give you a brand new iphone?

i have a 16gb ipod touch coming in tomorrow, and i would like to have email on my iphone as well as a calendar feature.

Bob_Barker
Oct 4, 2007, 09:46 PM
uicandrew,

While the terms of the warranty permit Apple to replace defective phones with refurbished parts, I have no reason to believe this unit is refurbished. The iPhone came with the plastic adhered to the screen and has no blemishes or anything.

I lost my patience and went ahead and downgraded to 1.0.2. I'm really enjoying using the camera with Pushr, so I may need to rethink trading.

I put a crystal film screen protector on it as soon as I removed the plastic, so it's still pristine.

loganbyers07
Feb 23, 2008, 04:04 PM
i will trade you my 16 gb ipod touch for it. :)Is it unlocked?

Please let me know. I also have the wall charger for it. I would love to get a :apple: iphone

Mac-Addict
Feb 23, 2008, 04:08 PM

Please let me know. I also have the wall charger for it. I would love to get a :apple: iphone

This is a four month old threat, its pretty clear already that the a trade has taken place by now or that he has pulled out.

aethelbert
Feb 23, 2008, 04:09 PM

This thread is four months old... Come on.

Bob_Barker
Feb 23, 2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I don't have the phone anymore. Thanks for the interest though.