PDA

View Full Version : iPod 5.5G or 6G classic which one do you prefer?

pbmaster93
Oct 2, 2007, 06:35 PM
I was Wondering wich ipod do you prefer on looks because I want to see if I have an oportunity to sell my 5 week old 30Gb 5.5G black video thanks for posting.

rockthecasbah
Oct 2, 2007, 07:05 PM
I prefer the Classic. You get better looks and a more scratch resistant exterior as well as a better battery, updated interface, etc. In your case, however, it should be noted that you will have to shell out some extra dough to get a new Classic if you're selling a 5th gen now. If the difference in cost is worth it to you for those then I say sell.

The difference you'll have to make up may make it more worth it just to keep your 5th and enjoy it. You have to first decide how much more you're willing to pay to upgrade to a Classic, which is the fundamental question. The Classic is quite nice, and has improvements over the 5th gen, but they are quite similar in most regards, so it's not really going to be a groundbreaking move for you...

amd4me
Oct 2, 2007, 07:33 PM
I have a 5.5 and I love it i dont see the point in going to a 6th gen when the real only improvement is cover flow and battery life, that is besides the obious capacity upgrade.

Schtumple
Oct 2, 2007, 07:54 PM
I was never really blown away by the 5G or 5.5G iPod but the classic to me really raises the bar for what should be standard in MP3 players, I think my girlfriends buying me one for xmas, so that helps :D

sam10685
Oct 2, 2007, 08:07 PM
I have a 5.5 and I love it i dont see the point in going to a 6th gen when the real only improvement is cover flow and battery life, that is besides the obious capacity upgrade.

The screen quality is much better. Cover flow and battery life aren't the main improvements. The durability is also better.

pbmaster93
Oct 2, 2007, 08:15 PM
Thankyou for yor review but I was doing this to see if people liked more the looks of the old Video because I want a Touch:D but wonder if you now how much I can get for it its just 5 weeks old and is in like new condition.

SkyBell
Oct 3, 2007, 11:26 AM
I like the Classic's look better, but I haven't used one so I couldn't tell you if it's functional.

You probably won't get much for it, even if it's only 5 weeks old, it's outdated.

sanford
Oct 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
I like the Classic's look better, but I haven't used one so I couldn't tell you if it's functional.

You probably won't get much for it, even if it's only 5 weeks old, it's outdated.

It's pretty much the 5G with industrial design and interface tweaks. The software is based on the same software as the 5G; it's not an OS X iPod.

Oh, read you little post signature toy inventory. I have an iPhone which replaced 30GB video iPod just like yours, although I've kept the video iPod. I was a little worried about 8GB of flash versus 30GB of storage. You mention replacing with a new nano. Go for it. I will never go back to a hard-drive based player; the battery of flash-based players is phenomenal. I listen all day on the iPhone, and if I don't take or make calls or do more on WiFi or EDGE but check e-mail, the battery gauge won't even budge. You can still get an old headphone jack A/V TV-out docking kit for the 5G and turn into a sort of smaller version of an Apple TV, just no on-screen menus.

pbmaster93
Oct 3, 2007, 02:17 PM

Tnx lol I am going to try to sell it in south america apple products are 30% more expensive there than in the U.S.;)