Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azmodon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
Hampton Roads, Virginia
No joke.

I've had my 4G iPod since it was released way back in 2004 and it has served me well, considering I used it every day to walk to and from class, while jogging, and as a deterrent to hearing my clan and guild mates complain about X mob or Y player over Vent. However, about, say, a month and a half ago, my iPod froze. Not an uncommon thing, I attempted to fix it via resetting it, but all I was left with was a Sad Mac face. Worried, I took it home to restore it but the thing kept either freezing or reporting an error during the restore process that I thought, "Well, it's finally dead."

Until last night when, out of some... well, I guess curiosity, but due to the end result I'd say inspiration, I decided to knock the thing againt my weight twice. It clicked back to life, restored, and synced all my music. I'm listening to Alanis Morissette right now through it.

Surely, Apple is a fickle mistress.

Invasion

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
It's the hard drive. Mine has the same problem :( I've got the 20GB 4G and it always freezes and I wack it and it usually comes back, but the other day it froze and didn't come back. So now I'm left iPodless :( I've tryed everything but the hard drive doesn't rev up anymore it just clicks.

Azmodon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
Hampton Roads, Virginia
It's the hard drive. Mine has the same problem :( I've got the 20GB 4G and it always freezes and I wack it and it usually comes back, but the other day it froze and didn't come back. So now I'm left iPodless :( I've tryed everything but the hard drive doesn't rev up anymore it just clicks.

Tough love! Tough love! Go go! ^_^

Invasion

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
I think I'm going to buy a new one soon. Can't decide if I want an 80GB classic or wait till a 32GB touch comes out. I just don't want to downgrade for storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.