Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trollking

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
San Antonio, TX
So I just wonder will they have the special event for it? They have already showed off all the big features. Can't see too much in a media event..."And look now it is in a pretty box."

If they bump the speed on the Mac Pros with new xeons that is reported to be a 20% gain in speed it really doesn't seem big enough for it's own special event either. Even with adding new graphics cards.

The media events of course are great for stocks and all that kind of thing. It just seems to me there would need to be a big push. Even putting both together I still think there would need to be something 'new' to show off. Something to unveil. The 'one more thing.'

Any thoughts on that or am I way off base and 10.5 all by itself would be enough. Just doesn't seem to fit in with the media events of late.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
If it's anything like Tiger, they'll announce the release date on the apple.com front page very soon (I'm thinking this week), but no there will not be a special event.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
I am thinking there will be a special event, along with many others...

Many many people believe that Apple will be totally updated the MacBook line, at the release of Leopard... If this is true, there still doesn't need to be a special event... (seeing as in the passed, not all major updates were announced at events, such as when the MacBooks were first available)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.