Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I was wondering if there are any problems in running PowerPoint presentations on a santa rosa MBP 17" through Bootcamp or VMware. I am using WinXP Professional and I plan to connect the MBP to a projector. Actually, is it better to convert all presentation files from PowerPoint format into Keynote? I noticed that even Keynote can read PowerPoint files, some of the contents are not converted correctly.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 90

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Powerpoint for Mac is not an option?:?

I tried Office2004 Test Drive but even I launched it the first time, I got a message saying that it is expired. I followed a link to fix the problem but it dos not work. If I use Powerpoint for Mac, I have to buy it. I have the Windows vesion already. I have seen several Mac users making presentations using PowerPoint rather than Keynote. Are there any reasons for not using Keynote?

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
Hello, I was wondering if there are any problems in running PowerPoint presentations on a santa rosa MBP 17" through Bootcamp or VMware. I am using WinXP Professional and I plan to connect the MBP to a projector. Actually, is it better to convert all presentation files from PowerPoint format into Keynote? I noticed that even Keynote can read PowerPoint files, some of the contents are not converted correctly.
No real problems; I've done it. The only problem I encountered was I had a resolution mismatch between my Mac and the projector, so my powerpoint went off the screen. But I'm sure that's easily fixed with a bit of setup testing before your presentation.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Well you could always use bootcamp, you laptop will be like a windows laptop.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
which resolutions

Thank you all of your for your suggestions. Using Bootcamp is a good idea but the problem is that I have the WinXP installation disc at home. (I am now in living a foreign country.) I only have XP installed on a virtual machine.

I noticed that whenever I try to create a new presentation, Keynote asks for the theme. One of the options is the slide size. To guarantee compatibility with the projectors (in case I have no chance to test it beforehand), is
1024x768 the one to choose? Tanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.