Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Hello everyone,

I just got my Touch and I'm really enjoying it. I've been using for two days so far and all seems ok but I came across with a wired scenario. We can rate our songs taping the number of stars in each song, now is there any any pre-biult option to play the 1-star rated songs, 2-star, 3 and so on. Ok, I rate my favourite songs and what.

Another thing is, are those ratings sync to iTunes properly properly? as well as the song count attribute? It could be good having a song in my pc (Itunes), pass it to my Touch, listening it, rate it and then when syncing my iTunes (computer) get the info back.

Hope can get some help with these two things

thanks

Dante

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Make a playlist on iTunes with your 1-stars, another with your 2-stars, etc. Easiest way. You can also add twice as many 2 stars of the same song to a playlist as 1 stars if you want that song to play twice as often.

dantega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Ratings

Thanks for replying Vigilante,

At the moment I'm at work so I'll try this when I'm back at home. What about with the Touch ratings, do they get back to iTunes when sync?

cheers

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Thanks for replying Vigilante,

At the moment I'm at work so I'll try this when I'm back at home. What about with the Touch ratings, do they get back to iTunes when sync?

cheers
I'll check now.

Edit: They do. Automatically did it once I synced my iPod Touch. Also, the easiest way is to just organize by stars, click on your first file (lets say first of the 4-stars), then hold shift and click on the last one (lets say of the 4-stars), and drag that over to below the other playlists to auto make the playlist.

dantega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Ratings

Cool and I guess regardless what songs are in the pc's 1-star playlist, the playlist in the touch (once synced) picks the proper 1-star songs available in the device.

Thanks for that mate

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
You could also make a "smart playlist" that will automatically update with your highest rated songs.

Go to file, new smart playlist, select must match "rating" "greater than" (or whatever) and the number of stars.

You can also limit how many songs are in the list, etc.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
For some reason the smart playlist for the 25 most played songs doesn't work right in my Touch, as if it doesn't sync properly with iTunes' play counts. Other smart playlists such as recently added/played work fine, but it seems to me as if it isn't syncing play counts correctly.

dantega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Ratings and Sync

BiikeMike, just did that and as previously Vigilanted said, it worked well in my Touch now I have the smart playlist with the stars.

SirithX: I also tried to sync the 25 most played songs playlist to the iPod Touch and it worked well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.