Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
I looked at it but I fear that metal would intefere with the reception. They broke up the metal on the back to add the plastic part on the bottom so it wouldn't interfere with reception and apple likes simplicity so metal must make a decent difference.

DavoMrMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2005
The Matias case looks really nice. I don't think the metal will interfere with the reception.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
IP101_1.jpg

IP101_2.jpg

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
If anyone buys one of these, I'd like to see some personal pics and a review of it. Particularly of the top where it latches. Seems like that and the axis on the bottom sticks out a little too much but this looks pretty slick in their images.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
it will function properly if the sensor is blocking the case?

i think the best case i've seen is the agent18

gauchers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Very Nice

Since it was on sale for $20, I went ahead and ordered a black one and received it yesterday. Very nice I must say. The case is sleek and does not add much bulk, but it is heavier than a silicone/plastic case of course. The finish on the aluminum is excellent and the hinge on the bottom does not hinder the port. Overall, I like it more than the Crystal Jacket I had before as the clear plastic became unsightly after awhile from scratches and needed constant cleaning. Another benefit is that the case will not act as heat insulation like the silicone/rubber cases.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
Since it was on sale for $20, I went ahead and ordered a black one and received it yesterday. Very nice I must say. The case is sleek and does not add much bulk, but it is heavier than a silicone/plastic case of course. The finish on the aluminum is excellent and the hinge on the bottom does not hinder the port. Overall, I like it more than the Crystal Jacket I had before as the clear plastic became unsightly after awhile from scratches and needed constant cleaning. Another benefit is that the case will not act as heat insulation like the silicone/rubber cases.

Thanks for the review! Would you mind posting some pictures?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.