Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordjonny

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
when i put all my photos organised into events on my touch, they are not recognised as events but instead all bundled into one big library, i can put them in albums as well so the are better organised on my pod, but i shouldn't have to!! why won't my ipod recognise events!!! GRRRRR

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Try this,

Make an ALBUM of your event in iPhoto.

In iTunes, sync those albums.

On iPod you should get an entry for "Photo Library", which you would touch to see all pictures, then under that should be your individual albums.

I'm assuming you're on a Mac and using iPhoto of course....

Reverb

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2007
when i put all my photos organised into events on my touch, they are not recognised as events but instead all bundled into one big library, i can put them in albums as well so the are better organised on my pod, but i shouldn't have to!! why won't my ipod recognise events!!! GRRRRR

I am also a bit confused by this. I have only owned a Mac for about a month and so have only been using iPhoto a few weeks, but I don't understand why it encourages using Events to organise photos when Front Row and my iPod Nano don't support them! What is the point of Events?

ebony

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2007
I am also a bit confused by this. I have only owned a Mac for about a month and so have only been using iPhoto a few weeks, but I don't understand why it encourages using Events to organise photos when Front Row and my iPod Nano don't support them! What is the point of Events?

My exact thoughts. Obviously the development cycle of iphoto is ahead of ipod firmware, itunes and Apple TV.

I would hope we will see iphoto events included in ipod, itunes and Apple TV soon.

lordjonny

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Try this,

Make an ALBUM of your event in iPhoto.

In iTunes, sync those albums.

On iPod you should get an entry for "Photo Library", which you would touch to see all pictures, then under that should be your individual albums.

I'm assuming you're on a Mac and using iPhoto of course....

i did that immediatley i just assumed that apple would have covered that as they big up th events malarkey so much nvr mind its no bother just a bit confusing

obesecat55

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2007
Sync with iTunes

hey dude, i was having this problem too, but i found a solution.

plug in your ipod, click on it in the sidebar to bring up its options, then go to the "Photos" tab. and instead of clicking "All Photos and Albums" select events and change the value to all. let me know if you have trouble finding what im talking about.

you can also select a certain number of the most recent events. :DD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.