Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
hey there you guys, this is a question, more so addressing my friend then me because he is the one that has the 160GB Classic.

till now, he had the regular 80gb iPod (not the new classic) and he plugged into his Pioneer CD Player (in dash for car) and had no problem with it or his PS3 and no problem.

Now, with the 160GB unit, when he plugs it into his Pioneer, the unit will display some of the info and then start moving onto the next song and not display the correct info on the display (display of the pioneer)

then, when he plugs it into his PS3, it just completely freezes the unit where you have to hold down the power button and shut it down.

We tried it on my PS3 also last night and same exact event.

Any idea what might be going on? All classics having this issue or does he have a faulty unit?

Again, his 80GB (not classic) works fine with the PS3 or his pioneer unit

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
I've had this happen in my car (G37 with an iPod connector) once or twice. Hasn't happened since, and I couldn't duplicate. I unplugged/plugged the connector and it was fine.

Music played, didn't update the artist/song info of the elapsed time of the song.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.