PDA

View Full Version : 2 ?'s about videos on an iPod

rye9
Oct 4, 2007, 08:22 PM
1) I used HandBrake and ripped a single episode of Family Guy to my computer to iPod settings... x.264, 500 bitrate for video, 320 x 240, 44.1khz, etc... however when I opened the file with iTunes and ctrl-clicked... one of my options was convert to ipod?

2) How do I put this file in the TV Shows section and not the movies section? There's no folders under iTunes besides music... so I don't know how video files are arranged.

tech928
Oct 4, 2007, 08:38 PM
1) I used HandBrake and ripped a single episode of Family Guy to my computer to iPod settings... x.264, 500 bitrate for video, 320 x 240, 44.1khz, etc... however when I opened the file with iTunes and ctrl-clicked... one of my options was convert to ipod?

2) How do I put this file in the TV Shows section and not the movies section? There's no folders under iTunes besides music... so I don't know how video files are arranged.

1) You Should not need to do this, see if it works without doing this
2) Right CLick, go to get info, and under Genre select TV Shows and that should work

Football1maniac
Oct 4, 2007, 08:40 PM
I can't help you about handbrake, but I can help you with your second question. When you select the movie, you right click it and select "Get Info" You will have 6 bars across the top. Select "Video" and choose what kind of video it is. The default type of video for anything imported into iTunes is movies. Hopefully this helps you. :apple:

Football1maniac
Oct 4, 2007, 08:44 PM
1) You Should not need to do this, see if it works without doing this
2) Right CLick, go to get info, and under Genre select TV Shows and that should work

I've tried that before about the genre. It doesn't do anything.

Tom B.
Oct 5, 2007, 06:31 AM
I've tried that before about the genre. It doesn't do anything.

Press 'Get Info' on the video, the under the 'Video' tab, change 'Video Kind' to 'TV Show'.

Fuchal
Oct 5, 2007, 07:43 AM
iPods do not support x264, they support h.264 in MOV or MP4 containers.