Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joefinan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
Just got my Touch (at last).

I have an iTunes playlist called 'Chart' - 200 most-played tracks. However, on that playlist on my Touch it has 200 seemingly random tracks which don't even appear in the original 'Chart' playlist.

What the hell is that about? Anyone else got this problem??

sid872

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2006
You aren't alone! My Top 25 Most Played list is completely different on my Touch than on iTunes (even though the iTunes one is correct). Maybe the touch has trouble recognising playlists relying on play counts???

grask8

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
You aren't alone! My Top 25 Most Played list is completely different on my Touch than on iTunes (even though the iTunes one is correct). Maybe the touch has trouble recognising playlists relying on play counts???

unless you have exactly the same songs on both then it will be different

SeanGood79

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
Just got my Touch (at last).

I have an iTunes playlist called 'Chart' - 200 most-played tracks. However, on that playlist on my Touch it has 200 seemingly random tracks which don't even appear in the original 'Chart' playlist.

I have this problem too, only the songs aren't random, they're displaying my least played songs. I switched the criteria to show my least played songs, sync my Touch, and saw my most played songs in the playlist.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I have this problem too, only the songs aren't random, they're displaying my least played songs. I switched the criteria to show my least played songs, sync my Touch, and saw my most played songs in the playlist.
Wow, that bug is on the Touch, too? It's been on the iPhone so long that I forgot about it. :(

Same solution, too -- set the playlist to show the 25 'least' played songs, which when synced to the iPhone, actually shows the 25 'most' played. :rolleyes:

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
I've noticed this also, I've also noticed that play counts aren't be synced. Therefore if you play a podcast on the touch, although it is marked as played when you sync, the play count isn't updated and so it is left on the device if you have it set to only sync unplayed podcasts (why does iTunes check for "play count = 0" rather than the "is not new" value though ? :()

I really hope they sort these problems out sooner rather than later

nouras

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
Yup got an issue with smart playlists as well. Recently added and recently played don't update at all. They stay the same as when I first created em. I've managed to get em updated a couple of time by right clicking on them in itunes (which displays the playlists perfectly btw) and clicking copy to play order and then syncing it (usually a number of times). It's pretty annoying that these playlists don't work- fails as an iPod. Guess it's just a matter of time before 1.1.2 comes out

SeanGood79

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
I've noticed this also, I've also noticed that play counts aren't be synced. Therefore if you play a podcast on the touch, although it is marked as played when you sync, the play count isn't updated and so it is left on the device if you have it set to only sync unplayed podcasts (why does iTunes check for "play count = 0" rather than the "is not new" value though ? :()

I really hope they sort these problems out sooner rather than later

I've only had playcount issues once, the only time I used iTines wifi. I bought an entire album, played it through, and after syncing to my computer only the third song was marked as played. It also happen to be the only song I gave a star rating to.

tha80sbrat

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Yup got an issue with smart playlists as well. Recently added and recently played don't update at all. They stay the same as when I first created em.

Okay, I have that problem too and I thought it was my fault. I was wondering why none of the new stuff is showing up. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.